Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

BLESSING!!!

SO I had to post a blog to be grateful for a huge blessing that came our way today! I have been on a job hunt for...5 weeks now. Ever since I moved to Orange County! I have probably sent out nearly 100 resumes (no exaggeration) had about 10 interviews, and REALLY wanted about 2-3 jobs. Everytime I got a response on my resume, I was told I was one of 300 or so applicants and they wanted to interview me. So thank goodness my resume was impressive! Well yesterday I went to an interview in Corona Del Mar, which is right by the beach! It was a chiropractic office that also does deep tissue massages and stuff. They have been in business for 8 years now, and the doctors are SO very nice. So I enjoyed a "group" interview where four of us were there at the same time, and we had to prove ourselves worthy of this job basically! After an hour we were given an opportunity to go in back and discuss things for about a minute--what pay I wanted and such. So I totally went for it and told them I REALLY wanted this job. It matched me so SO well, and was just what I was looking for! I said "If you wanna call me Saturday, you can give me a wedding present and tell me I have the job!" hahaha...they thought that was pretty funny.  As I was leaving I realized there were a few more people waiting to interview! Sheesh! How many people were there wanting this job??? I had a good feeling about it after I left and texted all my friends and family to pray for me to get the job! It has GREAT pay with bonuses, and it's in a wonderful location! 
   Well as you can probably guess, I got offered the job TODAY! The very next day! The main doctor called and said "Well I figured I could give you an EARLY wedding present and tell you I'm VERY interested in offering you this job! When can you start?" So of course I'm starting the Monday after our honeymoon! I couldn't be happier or feel more blessed. Ben was right when he said it'd take a good month or so to get a job! So now we have no more worries (for now) and we can enjoy our wedding and honeymoon, knowing we BOTH have jobs to come home to! 
   It really strengthened my testimony of prayer and truly relying on the Lord to grant us our deepest desires. I knew with every job I DIDN'T get, the Lord was just guiding me closer to the job I REALLY needed. So thank you to all of you who prayed for me! Never underestimate the power of prayer!!!

5 comments:

♥Shally said...

Good for you! I hope you enjoy your new job!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

CONGRATS!!! I am very happy for you!

I am sure you will love it! and I hope you get a discount on the massage!! HA HA :)

HOOK A SISTER UP! If only I wasn't....6 to 8 hours away huh...:S Oh well.

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

The Allen Family said...

Yay! Congrats! You must be doing the right thing for all of this happiness to finally come your way! Love you lots! See ya in TWO DAYS!!!!! XOXO!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Guess what! YOU ARE MARRIED!! :) Love ya girl! Hope you have an amazing honeymoon! Post pics soon!

The Allen Family said...

YAY for being married!!! YAY for being on your honeymoon!!!!! :) Your day was beautiful! Love ya lots!