Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekly update!

So we had a wonderful...well ok hellish week this last week. It felt like the week from hell that went on and on! But I have a lot to post so bear with me! So Sunday, after enjoying Mother's Day, we decided to adopt two kittens from the Tyrrel backyard, cuz one of the mommies cats was murdered by the Tyrrel dog. Sad. So their pictures are down below. They were BARELY old enough to leave...actually not even that. They had to be fed out of a bottle which we lovingly made them a few times a day! SO cute. Lady loved having little friends, but she was little bit too rough with them sometimes. She thought they were toys...but soon let them crawl on her and try to nurse from her :) But sadly, with all the meowing and lack of space for kitties in our apartment..and the fact that they woke up all hours of the night...we had to send them back. So Tuesday I went BACK to Riverside to drop the little fur balls off. It was hard. I was sad to see them go! they wouldn't let me leave...they kept chasing me when I'd leave them with the mom cats! I hear now they are doing great, and the orange one, which got bitten by something cuz it has scabbies on it's head...will be ready for us to MAYBE take home again in a week or so!
So after that busy Tuesday in which I got to go visit Robyn, Tyler and Lincoln, I was already worn out, but had to work an event for the Doc's office which turned out to be hell cuz there was a low turnout and my bi-polar boss sorta snapped. No worries though, I thought! So Wednedsday we had a fun night at the Opera, SUSANNAH! I enjoyed the show A LOT. Very intense and good music. Afterwards we went to a cast party and enjoyed some shmoozing, but I just wanted to be home after a long day!
Thursday and Friday were long hard days at the office for me, and I really was contemplating a new job. I was burned out, over pressured, and just DEPRESSED. It was hard for me to even drive cuz I was so angry and all I wanted to do was cuss out other drivers! So we REALLY needed our weekend! By Friday afternoon Ben and I were ready to party....
So we headed to Red Lobster to use our giftcards we got for our wedding! We had so much fun ordering a big pina colada (my favorite!) and lots of yummy food. We tried not to get too full cuz afterwards we went to DISNEYLAND once more! Ben's pass is expiring and we probably won't go all summer cuz it's just too busy! MAYBE we'll go for my birthday (JUNE 17th) but we'll see! It was SO fun. One of our favorite rides is the Tower of Terror. I think it's even scarier when you know what is coming! I get SO scared everytime! I don't like the hollagraphic people! They freak me out! We're on the right in the back...but this is hard to see us.
And after SO many times of going to the great California Adventure, surprisingly this was our first time seeing this! We got Ben's sexy picture in front of "Ben's Hair" shop! He's such a cute poser...I love his guts!

And naturally...I couldn't be stood up. I had to have my own "hat" picture. Aren't the flowers pretty at D-Land? I love it! Then it got too dark to take pictures! So this is all we got :)
Saturday was a good day...full of rest and relaxation. But not until after a yummy BBQ we had at our apartment. It was our first BBQ together,since we started dating at the END of last summer! We had some yummy burgers and grilled onion and I had corn on the cob (Ben hates it). I have more pictures but stupid computer wouldn't load them. So I'll get them on later!



We had so much fun that day, just chillin and eating, and watching movies. I have so much fun with Ben. After a long week during which I work till 7:30 every night, I start to miss just BEING with him. So it was fun to be best friends and have sleepovers! We had a REALLY funny night Saturday...I get scared in the dark sometimes, even when there's someone there. So I got a little nervous..and Ben started scaring me even worse! So I was literally on top of him curled in a ball trying to get away from the scary things, and right as I was at the hype of my fright, I got a text that vibrated and lit up the room and I screamed BLOODY murder! Ben had to cover my mouth! It actually scared him a little bit too! hahaha...and he will want me to blog that on Opera night..I get a little star struck, and my favorite character that had a GORGEOUS voice, asked if anyone wanted his extra tomatoes from Trader Joe's...? Who do you think piped right up and ate them right then and there? ME. I'm such a silly girl when it comes to that!

And if you have managed to read this much...be jealous that not only do I get to GO to Bernadette Peters next weekend...I get to MEET her. Ben WAS gonna surprise me, but he was afraid I'd pass out. So he arranged for us to meet her!!!! He's the best husband with such cool connections! I love him, and I'm so grateful for the gift of marriage, and his eternal friendship. I also have wedding pics I need to get up once I figure that mess out! OK ANYWAY..that's my weekly update! :)

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh I'm glad your great weekend made up for your hellish week! Yikes about your job! I'm sorry you poor woman. Hopefully it will get better. It looks like you had so much fun at d-land, I can't wait to go again.

well I want to leave you with this verse in case your day today is as bad as it was last week:

"Cheer up Charlie, let's have a smile.....Cheer up Charlie, Just be glad you're YOu..........."

Errin said...

wow what a week! Really cute kittys too bad you had to take them back! I hope your work gets better for you! goodluck and yes to what robyn said! CHEER UP CHARLIE! :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

I hate crazy weeks... Crazy as in BAD Crazy... Hell weeks.

CUTE KITTIES!! I LOVE BOTTLE FEEDING KITTENS I have had to do that a few times :)

How fun! I love hanging out with long time friends :) It is so much fun! It makes you feel all adult ya know? At least for a second until you go back to your old self HA HA :)

I would love to go to Disneyland as much as you do ha ha :) that owuld be awesome!

BBQ ing is so much fun! YUMMY!!

Have a good day! Talk to you later!! :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

and PS I am jealous that you get to meet her....