Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I LOVE California

Well I've been a resident of Southern California for 2 months now, and I really have grown to love this place! I was driving yesterday, and realized once more there are SO many great things about where I live! I found a couple of pictures that reflect the way I see and hear and feel and smell California!

I get to see the ocean EVERYDAY on my way to work! As I come up over this little stretch of road, it just appears there. I forget to look sometimes, but it's SO cool that I can see the ocean EVERYDAY!


This is the beach that is literally five minutes away from my office. Maybe even closer. If I continued down the road my office is on, I'd get to this! This the beach Ben and I have gone to a couple times. SO pretty, and I can't believe it's right down the street!

This is our Temple, the Newport Beach Temple! We have the luxury of it being less than ten minutes from our house! It's SUCH a pretty temple on the outside, and the inside is even more beautiful. I'm thankful we can go there as often as we want and do Temple work!
California has GOT to be the most fragrant place! I have never smelled such sweet smells in so many places! We go the mall and it smells SO good cuz just outside are some fresh flowers. They are ALL over, and something is in bloom all year round. I love our apartment cuz it always smells like flowers right when you walk outside!
This is the picture from my office website. It represents overall wellness. I love my job. It can actually get really stressful at times, but it is SUCH a great place to be! Our goal is to get people feeling just like the girl in the picture. Free and healthy!
Well the OBVIOUS best part of living in SoCal is DISNEYLAND! We have annual passes and get to go almost anytime! We have probably been 1o times together, in our 9 months together! We love getting a churro everytime we go!
We also love to manipulate the timing of the parade and fireworks! That's usually when we hurry to the kid rides like Peter Pan and Mr. Toads Wild Ride, so there isn't much of a line! We have it down! :)


This is the theater where Ben's company does all of their Opera's! I love being married to him and enjoying all the perks of his job! We get free tickets (obviously) to all the operas, and I get to meet the cast members and shmooze! haha. Last night was opening night of SUSANNAH, and we went to the opening night party afterward! They serve wine, which we decline, and have a cheese bar (I WAS IN HEAVEN), and some desserts which were delectible! It's always fun to get some culture in our lives! SUSANNAH was one of my top favorite Operas!

Ok so here is one of my TOP reasons I love California! ENTERTAINMENT! Bernadette Peters would NEVER come to St. George! She's too busy singing for Gay Men here in SoCal! She's my favorite Broadway singing sensation, and Ben and I are going to see her live this month! I could pee my pants!

These are just a FEW of the reasons I love California and being a resident of it! :)



5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Kirsten! Oh my gosh I can't believe I found you! You're beautiful! How come I didn't know you found someone? I'm so glad to see you happy! I'm jealous of the whole california thing too.

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

You are so lucky to live there. It makes me jealous. Have fun.

Errin said...

I will admit, I am a bit jelouse! I've always wnated to live in Cali..... :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

I love Berneddette Peters!! My Word! :) I love California too! :) I don't see the ocean everyday, but I see GREEN PRETTY TREES AND ROLLING HILLS!! :)

Yes.. Cali is for sure the best place! :) But SHHHH don't tell to many people... it might get over populated (HA HA)

For sure come visit sometime! :) It is awesome! Really hot in the summer just so you know... But it is fun up here in Nor Cal too :)just let me know when you will be in the area :) we can plan some fun stuff :)

Robyn said...

Uh so you left your chicken in my freezer. I can sure save it for you though. But I might eat it and just give you some new chicken. or some money.