Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I QUIT

So for the first time in my entire life, I quit a job the wrong way. And let me tell you, I feel really bad about it. The only times I have quit jobs are when I have to move, or move on from other circumstances I have in life. But I have never quit a job because I totally hated it. And I have ALWAYS given two weeks notice. So I'm probably a bad person right now for leaving the way I did...but I felt very trapped. I have raved in the past about how great my job is...but I'm afraid as soon as reality set in and the boss got comfortable with me, he started putting a LOT of unnecessary pressures on me and I was going home really sick and nervous and just SO unhappy. I couldn't do it. There's regular work stress--which I can handle. I worked at a bank for 4 years. Then there's THIS stress, where you just aren't being respected. So I quit. And I feel horrible, but at the same time, I don't care at all.  Because when you treat people poorly, they don't feel obligated to be very kind back. So that's that. I've already got some good prospects for a new job. Keep us in your prayers as we make a hard transition that was most assuredly the BEST solution! Thanks everyone!

Kirsten

4 comments:

Chanelle said...

Your wedding was such a beautiful day. I loved it. So, I'm glad you quit your job before you felt too obligated or anything. Bad jobs suck. You're not even excited about your day. It's horrible! Well, good luck finding a new one.

Avree said...

Good for you!

The Allen Family said...

Oh, that's a hard thing! I'm glad you turned the pressure down on the pressure cooker!! :) You'll be in our prayers. Love ya!

Errin said...

Thats the right thing to do if you felt that way about your boss, and job. You have to do something that works for you, and Im glad you did that! Good for you! and Goodluck in your quest for the right job!