Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quick Update

I'm supposed to be laying down right now but I'm cheating for a minute to write about what's going on with us today.

I went to my appointment, business as usual. I had been up at 4:30 in the morning feelin a little nauseous, and had a really sore sciatic nerve. So I took a hot bath and made it back in bed at 6...and then woke up at 7 to Ben's alarm..then 7:30 when he woke me up for good. My appointment was at 8. I went in my slippers, no makeup and no breakfast. I just wanted to get in and out!

No luck..my blood pressure was 146/100...way WAY too high. And then they found a lot of protein in my urine. Lovely! "Have you been having headaches?" they asked... "Why yes I have. I wake up with headaches and they last til I take something..." hmmm..."have you been seeing bright spots or stars or anything?" ....."Yes...as a matter of fact I have..." hmmm... ok well you may get your wish for an early baby. If these levels don't come down you may be induced today or tomorrow. "WAIT WHAT?!!" I started panicking thinking about how NOT ready I am. I mean yeah I'm ready..but there are still things to be done! My bag isn't packed! I felt I had a lot more time! When she checked me, I was not dialated or effaced at ALL..so she said we probably would NOT induce because I just was not ready...and inducing me too early could lead to C-Section. So on to Labor and Delivery I went...

I had to get blood drawn (that was fun, after poking me the phlebotomist realized she hadn't drawn any blood into the vial! Ok..wow. SO I had to get re-poked..and then I had to get an ultrasound, which was fun I guess..then had to have my pressures monitored for a while. They weren't AS high as they had been earlier but still really high..like 137/87. So after getting my labs they decided I could go home, but on bed rest. Only get up to go potty. And starting Thursday morning I have to keep EVERY drop of pee for 24 hours..then go back in Friday morning for more tests, and a 2 hour pressures/non stress test monitoring party. Fun huh? That'll be MY black Friday!!!

I'm having a REALLY hard time being down on bed rest. My nesting has really kicked in and I want to do SO much. I came to St. George tonight with Ashlee as she was driving down from Provo. It'll give Ben a chance to focus on his HUGE final project (75-100 pages anyone?) so that he can get it done in case Baby Tyrrel comes soon. He was SO good to me for the few hours I was home this afternoon. He didn't make me feel like a pain in the butt...he put the baby's swing together in our room so I could watch. He moved the computer to my nightstand so it'd be close to me...and made me some really yummy sandwiches. I love him SO much. I'm sad to be away from him tonight, but know he'll get more work done this way! P.S. Ben is down 26 pounds from his diet! He looks AWESOME.

SO that's our story! Hopefully I can stay healthy for the both of us and keep this pesky pressure down! The hard part is I have NO idea if it's up high or not. I don't feel any different...so it's hard to feel like I NEED to be laying down. Oh well...Can't wait for baby to come and put an end to all this madness!!! :-) Then we can begin a whole new phase of madness...but a lot more fun!

2 comments:

Avree said...

So sorry! Preeclampsia is the pits. It must be so hard to stay down during Thanksgiving and when you're trying to get things done! Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Unknown said...

sure sounds familiar! I started seeing spots too and the headaches! I think it's good you are so close to your due date! I feel ya sister! hang in there