Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Breach Baby

SO my sweet little baby boy is BREACH again. I know his head was down 2 weeks ago..but the last couple days what I thought was a little bum is apparently his HEAD. I had my appointment today and that's the situation! SO...

Monday morning I have an appointment with my office to see if he has turned. If not then I'll have an appointment with Dr. Gatherum later that day whenever they can fit me in, just to do a consult. Since I am seeing a nurse midwife, there are certain things she can't do alone, without the help of an MD. After he sees me they will schedule a procedure for Tuesday in which they will try to turn the baby. They'll put me under anesthesia and give me an epidural, so that just in case things get complicated, they can do emergency C section. I guess the risk involved is that the placenta could rupture, or the cord could get stuck around his neck or something. So just in case, they want me ready to go. They are pretty aggressive with him to get him to flip. This can also induce labor..so I could have this baby as soon as NEXT WEEK! YIKES!

I'm hoping baby will turn on his own and not even need any of this done. I think he probably will, as he is a little squirmy boy already! If not, then ok, let's have a baby! :-)

6 comments:

Steven and Miranda said...

I hope he flips on his own!! That sounds scary. I hope you are doing okay? I will keep you in my prayers. Good Luck!!!!

Robyn said...

WOWZA! Don't stress it though, mama. Everything will be okay. Even if you have to have him early and a c-section, there is no need to worry. They can handle anything these days. You guys will be okay! And it sounds like you've got things all ready for little man! I love you! You'll do great! I'll be trying to send him mind messages to turn so they don't have to do the procedure! haha! (I think it will really work, don't you?)

Kirsten said...

Yes Robyn I think it WILL work! Baby will hear your messages..and mine. I've been having a pep talk with him all day! ha ha... my midwife said to try to rub my belly and talk to him to coax him to turn. I believe that could really work..so I'll be workin on him all weekend! Thanks for all your love and kind words Miranda and Rob!

Avree said...

Oh I'm sorry that must be pretty stressful! I hope he turns and they don't have to try to do it, I've heard it's pretty intense when they try to get a baby to turn. I hope things go well!

Christina said...

good luck! i will be thinking about you and praying everything goes well!

Lyndy Butler said...

Good luck with everything! I cant even tell you how great it is to not be pregnant anymore and to be holding the sweet creature that just grew inside of you. OH Man! I am so excited for you!!