Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I love saving money...

It's true. Many of you know it's become somewhat of an addiction! I love cutting coupons, I love finding deals, and I LOVE saving money. If you haven't yet, check out my money saving blog HERE. It is still being worked on, but I will be making bigger strides in the next couple of weeks to keep my mind off the slow going last month of pregnancy. I will post other fun things too, like great easy recipes, advice for stay at home moms, book referrals..stuff I am really into. I love finding new fun blogs to follow, and want to have one that people can really enjoy if they are into the same things I am! :-)

I just wanted to share my INCREDIBLE savings I got last night...and inspire you to find some great deals of your own!

Walgreens had always been just another store in my mind...extra and over-priced. I thought, "Why would ANYONE shop there?! It's so expensive..." But really..I was SO wrong. Not only do they have really great prices and save you a trip to WalMart..they have REGISTER REWARDS. Wow. I was overwhelmed the first time I read about this..and tried it. The first time I went to Walgreens to cash in on register rewards Ben and I were there for over an hour! And last night on my second trip..it was like 20 minutes. A BIG improvement.

If you are still interested...read on. If not, this may be boring info....

Here's how I worked my awesome deal last night.
Walgreen's had a deal...spend $20 on select medicines and get $10 in register rewards (RR)
Also, buy Nyquil any 2 for $12 and get $5 in RR.
SO I used all my many coupons, as well as the in-ad coupon they had this week for $5 off your purchase of $25 or more. The key is to give them THAT coupon first. that way your manufacturer coupons don't take you UNDER the $25 mark. For example..I had $12.50 worth of coupons I had cut from the paper. So if I had used those first I may have gone under $25 and not been able to use the $5 off. SO I gave them that first..then had my other coupons. Total discount in coupons? $17.50! So if you add up what I WOULD have spent..it would come to about $51.90 with tax. I spent $23.50 with tax! YIKES! :-) Then if you factor in my RR..I spent $8.50. And I got GOOD stuff..like Sudafed, Tylenol and NyQuil products. Things that we use regularly during cold season. I was really happy about it!

SO what will I do with my RR? I have til 11/24 to use them. I'm going back to Walgreens but in St. George...because THEY got a coloring book that has coupons in it. The Cedar store did NOT get them in stock. They have a coupon for $1 off Huggies. It will apply to all packages I buy. So I'll spare you the details..but I am going to buy 9 packs in 3 different transactions and the end result will be $1.69 per pack! FOR DIAPERS! Gotta love RR...and coupons. If you don't take the time to cut them..and think it doesn't save enough money for the effort ( I used to think this way)..THINK AGAIN! IT'S SO WORTH IT!

Good luck finding some great deals of your own this week @ Walgreens!

1 comment:

Tones Bones said...

Just so you know, your pregnancy has gone really quite fast if you ask me... maybe you should walk in my shoes for the last month.