Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby Shower!!!

This weekend was the event I've been looking forward to for a long time! I was originally going to have a small shower in St. George primarily for my friends, but after realizing my whole family would be in St. George the same day, we decided to combine showers! My mom went ALL out and made it the cutest most fun shower I've ever been to! My mom bought everything BLUE she could possibly find. We had blue iced cupcakes, blue candy, blue punch, even chips in blue bags! She used her blue sheets to cover the furniture and had blue balloons everywhere! There were little baby boys taped along the banister of the stairs and baby clothes hanging from a makeshift clothesline. It was an eyeful and took me a long time just to notice all the adorable decor!!! I was so grateful and overwhelmed...I truly have the best mom in the world! She even surprised me a few minutes before the shower by putting on blue sweats that had been embroidered "Connor's Grandma".


A lot of my mom's friends and neighbors were told very last minute about the shower (as well as some of my aunts) but showed up and showered me with some really fun gifts! Connor is VERY prepared for his first few months of life! We played some fun games, and my mom made me wear a baby pacifier (big person sized ha ha) around my neck, and a big blue bow headband on my head! (no picture of that on my camera) My aunt Michelle helped out with some of the games and made the cute little baby shoe candies pictured above. My mom served little bbq weenies and meatballs...her little inside joke that everyone caught on to...ha ha. Leave it to my mom!


I felt so loved and had such a fun day. Connor started moving around in my tummy right when the shower started and he didn't stop for the entire afternoon! He was so excited to hear his mommy get lots of fun presents for him! Just look at the loot we brought home today!!!

There will still be more to come from family that couldn't make it which is amazing, because we feel so blessed already! We also have a fun giftcard to Babies R Us from Connors Grandma and Grandpa Tyrrel that we are excited to use!

Thank you to everyone who came and made it such a fun day! And thank you Lauren for taking some fun maternity pictures for us after it was over! I can't wait to see them!!!

Only 34 more days til Connor's due date...WE CANNOT WAIT!!!

5 comments:

Avree said...

Wow it looks like you made quite the haul! How fun!

Christina said...

look at that pile of gifts...what generous friends and family you have :)

Beth Olsen said...

I am so sorry that I missed it! I couldn't get away from my event on Saturday in time, so let me know where I can send your gift and I'll get it on it's way!

According to Ana said...

I have been avoiding you (online) ever since I realized that I missed your shower. I truly am so excited for your new arrival and want to share in the excitement so please let me know when you are going to be in town so we can have lunch and I can give Connor a little prize.

Do you have my number still

The Allen Family said...

Looks like you had so much fun and got a good haul! Can't wait to meet Connor! Sorry I couldn't make it. :(

XOXO!