Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Punching out...


So tomorrow is my last day of work...EVER. I say that now, but I'd better be careful in case someday I HAVE to work again. I just figure since Ben and I have already done the whole unemployed, living with parents thing, we will never have to suffer in that way again. In a perfect world right?

ANYWAY...I am officially going to be done working after my shift tomorrow! Can I tell you how much I will NOT miss having to work?! Yes I have the easiest job EVER. I only work 4 hours a day, I answer phones, and do very menial work on the computer. But it IS a job. I have to ask for time off, I have to make sure I keep an eye on the clock everyday. I have to get READY..( a task that gets increasingly annoying the bigger I get).

So as of Monday...bring on the freedom! Here are some things I hope to do before my ticking time bomb goes off..

~Clean my car...REALLY well
~Organize my cupboards in the kitchen
~Get every last thing put away in the baby's room
~Organize our garage
~Finish putting up Christmas decorations (yes our tree and half our decor is already up...)
~Read a few good books
~Get in a walk everyday, in spite of how cold it may be outside
~Take afternoon naps
~Get my spare bedroom ready for our guests that will be staying with us...YAY! :-)
~Make sure my cameras are charged and ready to go for the hospital
~Pack my hospital bag
~Learn the meaning of PATIENCE...

I think that should keep me somewhat busy while I play the waiting game! Not to mention Thanksgiving is next week and I can't wait to see "The Blind Side" and "New Moon"..as soon as I feel up to braving the crowds!!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I know you and Ben are going to miss me when you do go see New Moon. And I will miss you two. Can you believe that was really only a year ago??? Weird! Seems like much longer, right?

Avree said...

Congrats on being done with work tomorrow! That will be nice to have some time to get ready for little Conner to arrive! Spencer came early so I worked up until he arrived, I wish I had had some down time to relax because once the baby comes there isn't much relaxing! One thing about being a mom that's worse than working is you can't ever request time off!