Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

JOB!!!

AHHHH!!!! So Ben was supposed to find out for sure today about grad school...but another exciting thing happened INSTEAD! Ben got a call last night around 8:00 p.m. Guess where from? Hawaii! It was a little late in the evening for us but only 4 or 5 in the evening there. We didn't really mention this to anyone because in all honesty we didn't think Ben had a chance in H$%# of it working out. But he found a job a few weeks ago for the Hawaii State Art Museum, working as a consultant for their monthly concerts/performances. It is a year long contract, in which he does a performance per month! He had to put together a REALLY long proposal, ended up being like 15-18 pages long. He worked on it for a few days, and I had to leave him alone. We started looking at housing there and realized the prices are VERY similar to Costa Mesa. We thought we were just being dumb, and had nothing to lose. But about a week and a half later, they called him! We still kept it under wraps because we figured they probably called everyone. But they scheduled a phone interview, and Ben thought it went really well-- but again, like they'd hire HIM! So another week went by and we weren't even really thinking about it. But last night he got the call, and they said "We are almost positive we are going to offer you the position, but we would like a face to face first, maybe with some of your marketing and graphic design materials. We can throw around a few ideas and see if you would be a good fit." SO after PEEING MY PANTS...We decided to go for it! The company is flying us BOTH out there for on Thursday for a couple of days! We are probably just going to stay with some of Ben's friends instead of spending money on a hotel. I'm SO stoked! We still won't hear about school til later today...and Ben isn't sure which he'd rather do- because school opens up a lot of doors and this is only a year contract. But at the same time- it's HAWAII!!!! Ben lived there for 3 years and has always wanted to go back- so perfect opportunity! OH MY. What would you guys DO??? I'm singing " I wanna go to Hawaii...where the soft winds sway...." ALL the time! Anyway...here are a few pictures of the museum, a place we found to rent, and other fun Hawaii pics. HOORAY!!!


Museum

Hanauma Bay

Chinaman's Hat!

Bedroom at condo

living area (way small)

The lanai with a view of the ocean!


8 comments:

Errin said...

are you kidding me right now! LUCKY! See all you needed was faith, good job you two! Thats so awesome!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

HOLY! that is freaking awesome!! I would LOVE to live there for a year!!!!

kate said...

Hi! So, I totally peek at your blog now and then, and just wanted to say CONGRATS! I really hope this a good opportunity for you guys. It's amazing to hear people are finding ANY work in these times! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :)

Anonymous said...

This isn't cool if its an April fools joke.

Alicia said...

I've already been taken by a few April fools jokes...is this for really. Because if it is...GO.
My aunt moved for Work and said she would never come back. He can always go to school in a year.

Robyn said...

I didn't think of this being a april fool's joke until I read the other comments, but I can't belive that it would be because that would just be lame!

so CONGRATS! even if it doesn't work out, who cares? you get a few free days in hawaii!! sweet! I am totally excited for you both, I hope you have a blast, and it works out for the best! Love you!!!!

Shively's said...

So, since I lived in the S. Pacific for 2 years I obviously have an opinion :) I say if you pray about it, turn it over to the Lord and he gets the job---GO FOR IT! How fun! I mean, I hated being so far away, my first time leaving home, but it is totally different now. I didn't have the internet, or phone since it was so expensive. Plus flights really aren't that bad from hawaii, and it was $1,000- round trip for me. So if I could do it over now, I would go for it. And yes this better not be an april fools joke, or I'll kill you!

Love you!

Steven and Miranda said...

That is so exciting! Now we can make an excuse to come out to visit! Lucky!!!!