Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Anniversary Surprise!

I knew Ben had something up his sleeve for our anniversary, I just didn't know where, what or when! Yesterday we went to a missionary farewell for our dear friends, OJ and Maxine Peck. They are going on their mission at the end of this month! Then we came home for a yummy Easter Lunch, Ham, Funeral potatoes, veggies, watermelon and croissants. It was SO good. Right after Ben finished eating he got up and said, "ok I'll be back to get you in an hour or so!" So I packed our bag for one night, got his Easter/Anniversary present ready and he came and whisked me away! He gave me a REALLY sweet Anniversary card in the car that said "I love our love story" it was perfect! At the end of the card it said "Put the blindfold on and prepare to be spoiled!" YAY!

So we drove around for what seemed like forever...and when I got out of the car I took my blindfold off, and we were HERE!:


Yep, Ben took me to a Bed and Breakfast in SG! It was SOOO fun! I have always wanted to stay in one and I was really excited, but sorta nervous at the same time! Like would I have to talk to people? Were our rooms really close together? I had a lot of misconceptions about B&B's. But when I walked in our room the "William Suite"...

This is what I was surprised to see!


Ok BUT at first I have to tell you, Ben had me a little bit stressed out. When we walked in the door there was a hallway with a little bench seat. It looked like the room sorta ended at the end of the hall. He told me the bench seat pulled out and that was our bed...and I almost believed him! I didn't WANT it to be true, but I had NEVER been to a B&B and we're POOR so maybe this was all we could afford! So he literally started pulling it out and I almost cried. I was about ready to tell him to take me home! hahaha...then he told me the truth. But check out the stupid bench seat that really IS a little bed!
ANYWAY...my sweet perfect husband had the following things in our room:
My Easter/Anniversary basket! He gave me the new Monopoly game that you play with a debit card! SO fun! And a large re-usable water bottle since I always have cups all over the house, a little Squirmie toy that we saw in Vegas and I SWORE did not have a string attached to it ( it does!), bubble bath, my favorite gum in 4 flavors, and one of those cool head tickler things you can get at Bed Bath and Beyond. Thanks honey!
Then there was the cake and flowers sitting on the little table in the corner. Since my mom waited about a month to freeze our ACTUAL cake top, we figured it wasn't safe and Ben ordered the same exact cake from the Lin's bakery! They even did the same design around the side of the cake! Ben didn't want the icing roses on top, but he got them anyway. The flowers had a few of my favorite- daisies!!!

And just when I thought the presents were done...
I walked into the bathroom to find not only the kind of tub I've ALWAYS wanted to bathe in...
That sweet little book holder resting on the tub! I've wanted one for a while now, as I LOVE to read in the bath tub! Also, there was a Mary Higgins Clark book, which I had already read, but Ben remembered my favorite author! So sweet!

This is the only part of the room I didn't like...
How intense is this toilet?! I had to pull the chain to flush! It was SO loud and terrified me, so many times Ben had to flush FOR me. Sorry honey...

Ben opened his Easter/Anniversary basket...
He got a new shirt wrapped around his basket, some candy, shampoo, hair gel, and a few other things I won't mention ;). I felt like a loser having gotten him so little, but I guess we couldn't have afforded to BOTH be spoiled! Next year will be HIS year!

It was all in all a REALLY fun time. We ate cake, played Monopoly, watched Made of Honor, I had a bubble bath, and we just enjoyed the peace and quiet of being ALONE for the first time in months! I felt so special knowing Ben had cared so much to make things so nice for us! He's the best husband I could have EVER dreamed of!
Oh, and here he is posing in his new shirt, since he blended with the blue wall! haha


Thank you Benny Boo! I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe it's already been a year, what!? Congrats!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

how fun! I love B&B! We stayed at one in Down Town Sacramento for our Wedding night and they are so beautiful and everything! LOVE THEM!

Plus you get such great breaskfasts!!

Congrats!! How exciting for you guys!! You are seriously so cute! Still so much in love :)

Beth Olsen said...

How sweet! I've always wanted to stay at a bed and breakfast. You are a lucky girl! Happy Anniversary!

Shannon said...

Ben rocks! Tell him Shannon Campbell Grogan says so! haha I love your blog and it is fun to see what Ben is up to...soglad he married such a fun, sweet, and beautiful girl!