Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Benny's Bling



In December of 2007 I thought it'd be fun to surprise Ben with his own "engagement ring".  He had joked that it's  not fair that guys know a girl is off the market, but girls have no idea the guy is engaged.  So I bought this Tungsten ring at Mervyn's for REALLY cheap.  Since we ended up being so poor by the time our wedding rolled around, it ended up being his wedding ring. He was just fine with that idea, and never cared to have another.  WELL...yesterday we were talking about jewelry and we decided to take my old ring to a jewelry store to see how much trade in we could get.  It was worth more on trade than at a pawn shop, so we traded it in for a new wedding band for BEN!  He deserved it I think, and what better timing than for our one year anniversary! I didn't like the ring at first, I had my heart set on another one that had sapphires in it, but the trade had to be diamonds for diamonds.  We were talking to the jeweler's for a long time...they got to know us quite well.  The guy who was selling to us was REALLY excited to find out Ben sings opera, and asked him to be in his short film! I might even be in it too, singing a duet with Ben.  This guy was seriously ready to hop across the counter and hug Ben, he was in AWE of him.  Ha ha ha...and he didn't even hear him sing a single note! Just hearing he had gotten into Indiana University, the top Opera program in the US, and that he had worked in an opera setting was enough for this guy.  He was really funny and nice.  

Anyway, we told these people the story of how we met and our long distance relationship and all that, and they were so nice, they said "Oh you guys were just so DESTINED to be together! And you're SO cute together!" That was enough for me...I bought Ben the ring after telling them how amazing he is and how cute our anniversary surprise was.  He deserves it more than anyone!  

So without further ado...check out Ben's new BLING...



I was so happy after he got it!  I felt like I had just gotten a new ring.  I know he was so stoked to have a nice ring.  And it didn't cost us much at ALL. So YAY for that! :) 

So there you have it, in one night my husband got a new ring, and a movie offer! We better be getting some autograph's before he makes it into the big time! Ha ha ha...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! Good shots of the two rings too!