Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

One Year!!!

Today is our One Year Anniversary!!! We are so excited to celebrate our day today, especially on Easter! :)  It's been a big year- full of challenges and wonderful times! We've been blessed to do a lot of things in our first year.  First, our amazing honeymoon to Grand Cayman was heavenly, never had to check the time...had a view of the ocean....it was awesome.  Then we of course enjoyed living in SoCal for a little while, with the fun of being able to go to the ocean or to Disneyland anytime! And before Ben's company closed we got to dress up every few months to go to the Opera! Even though it's been hard at times to live with my family without jobs or anything to do- it impresses me that Ben and I haven't really gotten sick of each other! We spend every waking minute together, and I couldn't love him more! 
Ben and I have known from the start we were going to be together forever.  The night we met and exchanged phone numbers, I saved him in my phone as "Ben Hubby"!!! It hasn't changed since. 

I thought it'd be fun to point out a few of the things we've learned about each other in this year of marital bliss:

1. Ben and I HATE each other's driving.  HATE it! He feels like we're going to die whenever I drive, and I feel like I'm NEVER going to get places when he drives.  He's still getting used to the fact that Utah drivers drive a lot SLOWER than California drivers, so he'll wait at a stop sign 10X as long as a regular person! I've learned just to laugh it off now, rather than get frustrated.  I'd rather be safe with his slow driving than have him be reckless I guess...:-)

2. Ben can NEVER work from home. Anytime he decides to sit down at the computer to be productive, like work on someone's website for example, I suddenly feel the need for attention.  I could be perfectly content one minute, but the second I feel like he's busy I'm magnetically drawn to him! He gets SO frustrated, but never really shows it! :)
3.  We receive our best revelation in the Temple together.  We haven't been great at going a lot which is sad considering we don't have much else to do...but when we went last a lot of our fears and concerns were comforted and we knew which direction to turn! I've learned the importance of trusting Ben and his Priesthood power. 

4.  We are polar opposites when it comes to sleep schedules.  I have a lot of energy at night and want to play and be silly and talk a lot...but when it comes to the morning DO NOT BUG ME. Ben is just the opposite. He doesn't understand how I am so awake at night, he's struggling to stay awake! And in the mornings it's all he can do to lay still while I still sleep. I counted his yawns the other day...16 of them in about 10 minutes.  He's learned it's best just to get out of bed and let me sleep.  Ha ha ha...

5. We are just as perfect for each other as we thought we were a year ago.  We think alike, we crack each other up, and when we cuddle I feel like we just started dating all over again.  I have so much love for Ben, and when he tickles my back at night or holds me in his arms I feel how much he loves me too!  When I sing with Ben it makes me so grateful I found someone who shares the same passions as I do.  We made a recording yesterday for my grandma and when I listened to it I was so struck by how blessed we are to have found one another! 
There are probably lots more things I could write about, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind! :)

Here's to one year, and many more to come!!! I love you Benny Boo! 


One year later, and wiser too! :-)

3 comments:

Errin said...

Happy Anniversary!

Robyn said...

Congratulations you two love doves! I always always tell people how glad I am you found Ben and how perfect you two are for each other when they ask about you. You two are like two peas in a pod and you complement each other so well. My fave thing is the way that Ben laughs at ALL of your jokes and thinks you are so funny. It's the sweetest thing. (You are funny) :)

Luv ya!!

Lorraine and Kelly said...

What a cute post, I'm happy for you guys. Congrats!