Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Today...

Today was a little rougher than yesterday on the diet trail! Ben and I were watching our introduction movie (a little late-yes) and I finally got an answer to one of my questions. When you begin the diet you answer a bunch of questions to figure out what body type you are. Then you total how many of each section you answered by circling them in new columns. We never did anything with column six- which confused me because I had circled a lot in there. Well today I found out that if you circle three or more in that column- you are hypoglycemic. I circled ALL eight. Wow. So yes...this explains why yesterday when my whole fam ate pizza I couldn't resist scraping the toppings off and eating it as fast as possible. It explains why I get REALLY cranky before meal time. It explains why I gained weight in the first place. I've always sort of know I had this problem- but seeing how severe it was and what effects it can have really opened my eyes. I get to make some adjustments to my diet so that I don't" act like a dog who found a fresh steak". I have always been a cheater on diets. Even if it's just a LITTLE. And now I know why. My blood sugar is a LOT lower than the average person's. And guess what else? This can lead to diabetes...which runs in my fam. All the more reason to stay on a diet. A lot of health problems dissappear when you are healthy! :)

But props to Ben...he didn't cheat AT ALL. In spite of the freshly baked bread made from scratch, the brownies with chocolate frosting and whole pepperoni pizza...he stayed strong! Probably because this diet is a LOT like gluten free....and he's done that for much longer than six weeks before. I'm just glad he supports me and doesn't judge me when I falter. I don't want to hide behind my hypoglycemia...but I'm glad I have an explanation as to why I cannot starve myself like this!

Oh and side note--yesterday the reason I ate the pizza is because 5 minutes beforehand, I found out my total calories for the day only came to about 700...and I had burned 300 on the treadmill. That's SO little calories! So I felt starved and wanted more calories. Hahaha...

Progress so far- Ben has lost 5 pounds in just 2 days! Probably a lot of it is water weight..but still.
I have lost 2.5 pounds so far. Go figure. But I did weigh a lot later in the day today than yesterday. So it's probably more because I DID drink 150+ ounces of WATER today! WAY more than I used to drink. The diet reccomends 100, but I had already finished that this afternoon and was still thirsty! YAY for water!

Anyway- that's how we are on day TWO of this horrid experience. Hopefully I don't have diet dreams tonight. Last night I had a lot- fat naked people with body type letters hanging around their necks. Oh boy.

Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

The Schmutz Family said...

Hey! I'm hypoglycemic too and it makes it hard to died. I always try to have "healthy" sugar snacks on hand like... raisins or something. You don't need a lot remember, just a little bit until the next meal. Good luck girl.

KayDee said...

Hey There! How the heack are you? I saw your blog on Mikki's. Ya I hate Dieting.... that's just why we shouldn't do it :) !