Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Lately...I've been thinking...

One would think that with all my free time I'd be a blogging fool...but it's not the case. We've actually been a little busier the past few weeks, I don't know how I ever had time for a job! :)

Our travels started about a month ago or so when we went with Wes to California! We drove down and stayed with Ben's parents, went to Disneyland and then to LA to see this show: 

She's sorta raunchy at times but SO funny...and lets face it--right up my alley.  Check out THIS clip--it's my favorite! She seemed a bit hung over and drab that day, but we go to see her interview Neal McDunough from Desperate Housewives...
and TI-the rapper. I don't really know him but I guess to some that's cool.  She had George Wallace on her round table which was way fun!  We also picked about 100-150 pounds worth of fresh oranges from Ben's orange trees! I couldn't stop...it was SO fun! I loved the trip, but I was really sick the whole time. I did manage to get like one picture at Spaghetti Factory, but I couldn't have my camera at Chelsea, and I forgot it at Disneyland. 
Sigh... ANYWAY... 
 A couple of weeks ago we went to Salt Lake for Ben's friend Kennessa's sealing to her husband Josh. We were able to get a free room at the Kimball since we attended a time share seminar, so we stayed there. We love the Kimball, I'm stoked cuz my parents bought into their time share, so we can stay there without having to bother my grandma now! We drove up to Cedar for a job interview I had (Nothing panned out) and then on our way to SLC. We brought my parents up for the fun of it since we got a two bedroom condo.  We got there and went to the Blue Iguana for dinner...SO intense! It was really busy, but worth the wait! The food was AWESOME. I ordered the Burrito Grande--if you finish it you get free dessert....this is my attempt.   
I really didn't want to finish it, but it looked so tasty when another girl was eating it. I enjoyed it a LOT but there was SO much left over! Ben even helped me on part of it! 

We went back to the room and played Five Crowns, one of my favorite games, then watched part of House Bunny until we got too sleepy.  The next morning we checked out and went to Gateway.  We shopped for a minute then left my parents there while we went to the sealing.  For the record, I applaud anyone who has been sealed in that temple...it's intense!!! The waiting room was so big and there were SO many people there.  WOW. The sealing was special and we were really happy for Kennessa and Josh! 

We went and picked up my parents and headed back down south.  At the last minute we remembered the Draper Temple open house and made a speedy exit! It was SO cool. 

I LOVE the Temple.  Even before it is functioning the spirit is so strong there!  Even the protesters outside just add to the strengthening of my testimony that the church is true.  I love being a part of such an amazing church.  The Lord is truly accomplishing his work on the earth! 

The annoying part was all the HUMONGOUS homes surrounding the temple. UCK. How can anyone want to live in something that big!?! STUPID. 

We drove home VERY slowly...we stopped like 3 times. We decided that since it was only a few more exits down the freeway, we'd stop at Kennessa and Josh's open house.
 It was fun for Ben to see some of his BYU Hawaii friends, and I loved meeting them!  We stopped in Scipio because my mom told me about their great bathroom dryers...check THIS out...
ANYWAY it was a fun trip! We've been so spontaneous with my parents...last December we went to NY very last minute, then last month our super cheap Vegas night, and now Salt Lake! I love it.

Next up is my thank you for those of you who were SO nice to us after reading my last post.  Akayleia Frehner called me the next day to let me know she had called some of her friends in Cedar to find out about jobs...and gave me a lot of helpful info! THANK YOU!!! It meant so much to me.  And Danielle saw me bawling at Cafe Rio and gave me a Tres Leches...my favorite dessert from there.  I love her, she was my first friend I ever made in St. George! We are hanging in there and keeping the faith.  Hopefully everything will fall into place soon!

SO my sisters had spring break this week so we took advantage of the really cheap price in Primm and stayed down there for a night.  We rode the roller coaster and some other silly rides, then ate a good buffet dinner.  It was way too boring to stay another night so we went to Vegas and stayed there for two nights. I got to see Lauren for a bit on Wednesday which was way fun! We went swimming at the time share and had dinner at Claim Jumper.  I really enjoyed shopping over at Town Square, a newer shopping area off the strip.  We had a really great time, but are glad to be home where things don't smell like smoke! 





On a great fun note, my cousin  Tanner just opened his mission call last night and he got called to the Chile Santiago North Mission! YAY Tanner! We're so proud of you and excited for your upcoming journey! :)

Since Cassidee was in town for the big opening of the mission call, we got to hang out with her! We were really craving the outdoors, so we went on a hike at Snow Canyon....I had NO idea it would be that big of a hike! It was 84 degrees Friday afternoon...YUCK. Did we skip Spring? It was basically a 7 mile hike from HE%^!!! Nah, it really wasn't TOO bad...just hot and I hated walking through the sandy parts. And instead of three ponds at the end, we found three puddles...actually we could only see one of the three puddles. ANYWAY...here are the pics.


Thought this cactus looked sweet...
Awesome puddle pond...
I put the picture of Ben and I instead of the group picture cuz I think I look HORRID in the picture...but it was way fun to go with Cass and Shaydon! :) We had a little picnic too after we made it to the end! 

Later that night we had Cassidee over with my friend Jeremy Anderson.  We played games with Ash and her boyfriend Jeremy. I LOVE to play games. Five Crowns and Quiddler are my favorites as of now.
We then got ready for our TWILIGHT party! It wasn't anything big, just a nice poster of Edward and some cherry Jello for "blood" ha ha.  Check out how much Lady LOVES Edward...!!!



1 comment:

Errin said...

Holy Moly girl, you are one busy bee! I love all the fun traveling you do! Well your job is still waiting for you at RIO, they REALLy want you to work there so if your still interested give Cindy a call!