Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Somebody Please remind me.....

Why I even care about couponing and saving money?!?!!?!! I went to the grocery store this morning...it was supposed to be really productive, and I was getting stuff to help stock up on food storage. They have a promo going on and I was going to take full advantage. I spent about 45 minutes before I went getting all the coupons I needed, loading digital coupons to my card, etc.

I shopped for almost an hour. Loaded my stuff on the conveyor belt and realized about 6 of the things I thought were part of the promo were NOT. SO I just left off 6 cans of soup I was going to get. But that threw off my coupons..whatever. The guy was nice and still made it work minus one coupon. So I swipe my food stamps card (yep that's how we survive these days), then there's a remaining balance of about $9. That's for the razor blade refills and foil I bought. Didn't stop to realize that number should have been about $5 cuz I had a $4 digital coupon for the razors that didn't work. Anyway, doesn't matter because I gave him my rewards coupon that I get every three months which can deduct from non food items. It didn't work because for SOME reason this month it came in RALPH'S rewards. WHAT?! I have a RAlph's account in Cali but never use it, and my mom in law has one but why would I get it in the wrong store name? Anyway...we had to REDO THE WHOLE GROCERY ORDER. My cart was full and we had to redo the whole thing. I wanted to have a panic attack right there. So we redo it...I bag my OWN groceries, which hey I'm not above that, but a manager was sitting right there doing NOTHING watching me bag my own stuff...dumb? yes.

So...after all that my total was almost the same...but somehow it was $1.50 more than last time. I think he missed a coupon..who knows. AND he forgot to re scan the double points coupon, which means I missed out on 117 points. Each 100 points is worth a $1 off later on. As if that isn't bad enough he also forgot to scan my reusable bags, losing me another 30 rewards points. I know this may not seem like a big deal to others..but I take my grocery shopping seriously. I mean I had sat at the table and planned my whole weeks worth of meals, I was so on the ball and then THIS!

So I can fix the rewards points over the phone on Monday. But that means making an annoying call that will probably take an hour. Then I'll have to take the razor back and re-buy it...unless they can help me with that over the phone too. Fixing my rewards card back to Smith's may be a pain in the butt...

Other things on my stress list:
I can't find more than 2 of Connor's 8-10 binkis. ANNOYING.
Our car got hit by a piece of particle board a few weeks ago. We reported it with highway patrol and the company is supposed to call me. Have they? No. So I need to call and bug them, or call the highway patrol again. I REALLY hate stuff like this.
We need to start organizing better so we can get packing to move. This is a good thing...but if you saw my garage you'd probably agree with my mom when she commented that the bomb squad needed to come over.

I really hate days like this...and for that matter WEEKS like this. Lots of things have not been going my way and I'm really burned out. Connor hasn't taken good naps, he wakes up REALLY early, and I just need a DAY OFF! Why don't they invent them for moms?


2 comments:

Liz said...

pat pat**... hope it gets better!

Miranda said...

Sister we have been living like that too ever since Steven got out of school! I am super burnt out!!!! Yesterday was my breaking point and I almost screamed bloody murder in the car (yes, Tanner was in the car with me). It's hard being an adult. :(