Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Girls weekend

It was SO needed...and now that it's over I'm sad and want to go back. My bestie Marilyn and I went to Brianhead this past weekend and stayed at the Grand Lodge! She works in the spa and her hubby works at the front desk and as a bellboy. So....we were getting a room for $50 as opposed to the $200 cost of the room! But even more exciting was the fact that the General Manager comped the room altogether and we got to stay for free!

When we were checking in the Spa manager, who is Marilyn's boss said we could get the spa key and use that hot tub since it's private and more clean...so heck yeah we sure did! We went down there, sat in the hot tub then Marilyn waxed my eyebrows and gave me a LOVELY facial. She steamed my face and painted a mask on...ahhh....then we dipped our hands in paraffin wax which was heavenly. After our lovely spa treat we went back to the room and kept eating our junk food which consisted of cookies, chips and salsa, popcorn, ramen noodles, bagel bite pizzas and sparkling cider. Yeah we went ALL out...and it was so fun! We watched movies, played games and had good old fashioned girl talk. I had the intention of taking lots of pictures...but only ended up with a few the next morning before we left!!!




It was SO fun and relaxing...even though I didn't sleep very well in the bed. I need to remember to bring my own pillow next time....

I'm sure it looked really cool for two girls to be checking in on Valentines weekend...not to mention the fact that we brought whipped cream for our chocolate cake, and went through two bottles of sparkling cider. We left the whipped cream in the fridge...and the empty bottles....so yeah I'm sure housekeeping sorta wondered....

ANYWAY...I love having such a wonderful friend here in Cedar. I'm sad to move this summer and not see her and her husband everyday!!! :-( But that's still 80 days away!!!

Thanks for the girls night out Marilyn!!!

No comments: