Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Bad luck...

So this weekend we all had the flu. ALL of us. Ok except for my sisters Desi and Tasha. But Desi got it last night around midnight. So Tasha is sort of lucky, except she had a different virus so we were all pretty miserable. Since we didn't have a lot to do but talk I had a funny realization the other day...

I am a cursed traveler. I've sort of known this a little bit due to some obvious bad moments...but when I listed it all out it was REALLY funny.

First there's the fact that we didn't get to go to one of our excursions on our most recent cruise vacation. We were so excited to return to our honeymoon destination..but it wasn't meant to be. Bummer.

There's the time when I went to Michigan to visit my aunt. Before I flew home we were going to Cedar Point, which is a theme park that has the biggest roller coaster EVER. Well at least at the time...this was 8 years ago or so. Didn't get to go. Tornado warning and freak hurricane storm in JUNE. SUCK!

The Bahamas. I almost want to leave it at that. It had its fun moments, but honestly there were a LOT of bad moments on that trip. A mouse, no water pressure, no hot water at times, our jet ski adventure was canceled, it was cloudy and rainy on the day we went to Gilligan's island and swam with the sea lions....our transportation was bad...etc.

Let's not forget that fun night I spent at the Las Vegas aiport for 12+ hours due to bad weather and freaky wind. If you are ever going to get trapped in an airport PRAY it's not that one...the slots will drive you NUTS!

The saddest one is our honeymoon when our flight from Houston to Grand Cayman was canceled til the next day. We were newlyweds and had to spend the night in Houston without our luggage...and even though we got free room service it was still disappointing...not to mention the fact that due to misunderstanding we had to pay for the hotel night in Grand Cayman...don't choke but it was $600 a night. It was the only night not paid for by the lady who gave us our honeymoon. She should have paid it, but we couldn't get a hold of her all week.

Anyway...those are some FUN examples of my traveling issues. Ben said he'd never had problems traveling until he met me. So I guess it's true that I'm cursed.

And now you can see why we didn't care one bit about spending $100 to come home early from our cruise trip in December..saved us HOURS of agony. I must be in touch with my curse or something....

No comments: