Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My last post was sort of a downer...

So I'll write about happy things like rainbows....or just Connor. He pretty much equals all the rainbows and sun beams in the world for me :-)

Tonight after he was ready for bed we played in his room for a little while, and there was one point he was just staring me right in the eyes. He wanted me to push a button to play music, and this didn't register at first, because at first I was SO overwhelmed with love for this little person who I get to spend everyday with! Time goes so fast, and he is growing up SO fast...but those moments make my heart skip a beat and remind me that above all I am a MOM. What an incredible blessing!!!

He is quite a smarty and I'm not afraid to brag a little...

My FAVORITE thing he started doing all by himself is folding his arms for prayers. And he actually is the one to remind me to pray before meals lately. Even if it's just a snack, we say a prayer. Sometimes when he's playing we just say a random prayer. Things like this make me understand why children are our leaders...

He knows how to say "hoootttt" when his food is hot (or even when it's not sometimes ha ha)
He knows the sign language for:
Doggy
Cereal
Banana
Milk
More
Thank you
Daddy
Grandpa
Eat/Food
All done
I think there are more....but that's what I can remember!
And he can SAY most of those words...
Doggy sounds a lot like daddy but he says it when he does the sign for dog :)
Grandpa sounds like Ba Pa...so cute
I swear he says something like "I want that" when he reaches for stuff...
He also waves and says "See ya" when we go anywhere...I love it!
He is learning a new sign everyday and I LOVE it! It helps him communicate with me so much better and is contributing to fewer fits! He is happier and feels so big and smart!
He also dances up a storm and has starting stomping his feet back and forth..cracks me up! He also shakes his head which is a funny sight to see :-)

He uses EVERYTHING as a phone. We used to let him play with our phones, but he started doing things like calling EMERGENCY...so now he has to use the mouse for the computer, a sunglasses lens...anything that he can hold to his ear. It's HILARIOUS. He says "HI!" then goes on to have these long conversations we can't understand and sometimes he'll laugh like he just told the funniest joke ever!

He got his second hair cut and this time I had my camera! He is so funny and lucky he ended up with a pretty straight cut thanks to my friend Marilyn!
Here he is a few days before the cut (doing the sign for banana):


Then some of the haircut!



Here he is using his squishy toy as a phone...


I just realized I don't have any after pictures, so I'll take some tomorrow! He is due for a little photo shoot anyway, so mommy can practice....

I really think kids can do no wrong by their parents and no matter what I'll always think he's the greatest thing in the world! Even when he makes me mad he is still my favorite little person! He gives the best loves..no matter where you are or what you're doing. And he talks to almost EVERYONE we see at the store. People are always going out of their way to talk back to him and say how funny and talkative he is! It makes a momma proud. :-)

His little brothers and sisters will have to thank him some day for being so wonderful, because he makes me want a hundred kids!!! I'm SO thankful to be his mommy and to know I am his hero, just like he is mine :-)

No comments: