Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's time...


For that semesterly rant about how busy life is. And this one isn't nearly as bad as the last one. But nonetheless I sort of regret being complacent for the first part of the semester...because things are creeping up on me very quickly! Here's my list of "stuff" to do before I'm in cap and gown this May:

Senior Capstone paper: At least 15 sources from scholarly peer reviewed journals, and the paper cannot exceed 20 pages- which means he wants you to get at least 19 pages ha ha. YUCK!

Persuasion Project Final Paper: 15 pages with at least 10 sources. HATE THIS ONE--but it won't be as bad as the previously mentioned paper.

Social Movement Analysis Paper: Honestly not really sure what this is yet- I need to talk to my teacher- I'm doing this class independently so we haven't covered quite all of it. 4-5 pages.

Persuasion Speech- This is basically done but now I have to practice it and deliver it next week. 8-10 minutes persuading parents to have their children immunized. It's pretty strong I'd say.

Group Speech- We haven't even started...yikes.

Final Paper for Teamwork- It'll be easy, but it's still a paper- 6-7 pages.

Final Paper for History of Utah based on the book "Uranium Frenzy" which I've actually been enjoying.

Then there's the 3 exams I have left- which is NOTHING compared to the 20(or more) I took last semester.

I have 6 weeks to get this all done folks! Let's pray I get it done, and do it well. Last semester I was .5 away from a 4.0! So maybe this will be my golden semester! :-)

Aside from that, Spring Break was good in that we actually rested. Didn't do Spring Cleaning like we thought we would, didn't do the other 20 things on our to do list, and we are only starting to pack for our big move down south that happens in 7-8 weeks.

Life is good, and I think I do best when it's busy..so bring it on!

Especially since I have this little guy to make everyday so much more fun!!!


4 comments:

kate said...

you're totally my inspiration for a mom doing school! i'm hoping i can pull it off as well as you have (not pregnant, but hoping to be at some point in the next four years of school.)

Avree said...

Yikes, sounds like a lot! Hang in there!

Liz said...

I can't wait until this semester is done... ha ha. Good luck... my capstone class is killing me!

Ryan and Shelia said...

Hi Kirsten it was fun to see you and your family last weekend. If you want to send me your e-mail I will make sure you are invited to our blog ryanandshelia@yahoo.com