Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Connor!!!


I can't believe he's one. I've been saying this all day, and have been saying it for many days leading up to today. Where did the year go? While it seems like it raced by, it also feels like so long ago that he was first put into my arms. What an amazing blessing and joy he's been in our lives!!! I can't believe it's been a year since I became a mother for the first time. I feel bad that I haven't done a monthly post for Connor in a while...I guess time has gone by a bit TOO fast. But he is doing so many hilarious things lately I have to post before he stops doing them and I forget!

Remember the nose scrunch that started back in July? Somewhere in October or November he started snorting and being a goof ball when he scrunches up his nose. He breathes really heavy through his nose...best I can do at describing it. Maybe someday I'll get a video up here...

He learned a little bit of sign language, he learned the sign for "more"..which confused him with patty cake, so he does a sort of mix between the two. He has also figured out how to "roll it and a roll it" when he does pat a cake, and my favorite- PEEK A BOO. We could play Peek a boo for hours and he wouldn't get bored. It's the cure-all when he's fussy, having a meltdown or tired. He has learned how to be "soft" with the puppies, but sometimes he surprises me with how smart he is, and will give me a look like, "Watch mommy..I don't have to be soft if I don't wanna.." and he'll hit the dog really hard...ha ha. He also has learned to hit me, and loves "messing me up" as I call it. When he gets frustrated he starts fumbling his hands all over, and when I'm holding him he'll fumble them on my shoulder and chest, to show me how made he is. Another lame description...but oh man it cracks us up! How do you teach a one year old how to be nice when it's SO funny when he's mean?! Sometimes I just stare at him when he's having a melt down because I love trying to figure out what could possibly be going on in his mind!

He loves finding things I've hidden from him, like my cell phone or ipod in the morning. He will dig through the covers to find it. He loves, I mean LOVES the dogs. When he gets in bed with us in the morning he immediately looks for the dogs if they're not already on the bed with us as well.

On that note, a few times we have heard him say, "Puh- Pee"...but it's staggered and he doesn't say it often. Mostly he says "Puhp" when he sees the dogs. SO funny and cute! He of course says "mamamamamama" all the time, and I think sometimes he is trying to call out for mommy..but who knows at this point.

He giggles like nobody's business, he is SO busy...which can really be nice because as long as a room is somewhat baby proofed he can play for hours without fussing. Makes it easy for mommy to get stuff done! He also loves to follow me around the house which I LOVE. I could hardly wait for him to crawl so I could call for him and he'd actually respond!

Today I couldn't hear him in any room so I kept calling his name. Nothing. So I started getting nervous, and I ran into the kitchen to find him just standing beside the towel drawer looking at me like, "What mom? I'm just standing here!"

No walking yet, but he has taken a few staggered little steps. He stands up for long periods of time..but I seriously love that he's not walking yet. I hope he waits as long as possible...

For a special birthday surprise I found him swishing his hand in the toilet today. I sound like a mom who never watches her kid...but it was one of those split second moments where he somehow got into the bathroom and decided it'd be fun to play in the toilet. Wow. Happy birthday to you baby! ha ha..

There are so many more things to say, but I'm going to be better about posting so I can get it while it's fresh! I love my baby, I'm so thankful for him and his sweet happy spirit of innocence, trust and complete love. Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

3 comments:

Avree said...

I always forget to check private blogs so I missed your last couple of posts, I'll have to remember to check back more often.

Oh Conner is just so cute! I love it that he swished around in the toilet, I totally know how you feel. Sometimes when I'm telling Matt something naughty that Spencer did I can tell he's thinking "Where were you?", they're just so fast sometimes!

It sounds like you are rocking at school! I definitely agree with you that getting an education makes you a better mother (not that it's the only thing that can make you a better mother).

Miranda said...

OKAY!! I have NEVER gotten tears from much of anything but that video made me cry!!!!!!!! We are so blessed Kirsten! I am so amazed how fast Connor is growing! Our little guys are so precious!
Love you guys!

Shell said...

What a cute post and video!! Talk about a tear jerker! Cute little family and 1 year old. Happy Birthday Conner!