Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Cruise!

Wow oh wow did we need a vacation. I can't believe we survived the last semester. It's amazing what you can get done when you just know you have a lot to do! Here is how our typical week went:
Monday, Wednesday- Kirsten at school from 9-2 then Ben at work from 2-5.
Tuesday, Thursday-Ben at class from 8:50-11:20, fast switch off with Connor, Kirsten's class from 11:30-12:50.
Friday- Every other Friday Ben has a class at 9, so grandma Betsy drives up to watch Connor while we are both in school. Otherwise it's just like Mondays and Wednesdays.
Saturday- Family/Study day
Sunday- RELAX DAY NO HOMEWORK!!!

We did this for about 16 weeks...so it's easy to see how exhausted we were. I also had my two online classes with Dixie that I had to maintain. I hate to brag..ok I am happy to brag that I got 7 A's and one B+...with 24 credits. And Ben survived his SICK accounting class...yay us! I've never done so well in school..and I think it's knowing if I'm going to take time away from my baby I'd better make it worth it!

So without further ado...some pics from our cruise!








We had a beautiful ship, with no bells and whistles like a water slide or climbing wall, but it suited us. We splurged a little for a room with a balcony, one of our best splurges since we didn't get to go to one of our ports and had 2 1/2 days straight on the ship. We were sad to not get to go back to Grand Cayman, but if I had to choose I'm glad it was somewhere we'd already been and we still got to go somewhere new. Cozumel was beautiful when we got to the ruins. They were really awesome, and the beach was the most gorgeous beach I've ever seen...aside from Hawaii I suppose.

We had a ton of fun eating our brains out...which also made up for us not getting to go to Grand Cayman. We loved being able to chat with Connor on Ben's ipod. We had service in some crazy places in Mexico and actually got to face chat with him and Desi while we were watching the sun set on the beach in Cozumel. Technology never ceases to amaze me!

The trip was just long enough to be enjoyable, and short en0ugh that we didn't get bored. We were SO ready to come home to our sweet baby though! I never knew I could miss anyone so much!!!

I know I should document more detail about the trip...but it was pretty mellow and not a lot to go into detail about!!! It was just what we needed!!!

No comments: