Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Connor's Birthday Party!

I am so behind on blogging..I'm determined to get caught up over the next few weeks of no school! It is so wonderful to just spend time with Ben and Connor without feeling like I need to do homework! Anyway....here are some fun picture collages from the big birthday party! I didn't really want to do a themed party...but if I had to call it anything I'd say the theme WAS party..ha ha. I figured Connor would know something special and exciting was going on when he saw the 24 balloons of red, green, blue and yellow, as well as his special birthday balloons, and streamers. Needless to say it was a PARTY! He was so fascinated with all the decor and it made me excited as his mommy to see his wonderment at all the bright colors and fun decorations. The birthday cake was a little bit stressful for me...it didn't turn out exactly right but they did make some minor corrections after I called and sounded totally frustrated, which I was. All in all it was a perfect, simple and fun party! Connor's grandma and grandpa Woolsey came, as well as his great-great grandma Zina, his aunt Desi and aunt Tasha, great uncle Steven and his kids Kaylee, Lauren and Ryan. Also in attendance were his great-grandma Irene and her husband Jack, his great aunt Jill, my cousin Carli and her three kids McCoy, Daxton and Taytum. Also Marilyn and Zach were there to enjoy the festivities! We watched Connor open his fun presents then undressed him to eat his cake. All my little sisters were nervous about their first cakes, and we had to really urge them to dig in..so that's what I sort of expected. NOT SO! My child is NOT afraid of food....he ate about half of his cake. Gross...lots of sugar...but hey you're only a birthday boy once a year!!! He loved and I mean LOVED all the frosting. He had so much fun and he probably would have kept eating it if we wouldn't have moved him into the bath tub! He had a grand ole time and we all had fun watching him.

He's such a special happy boy. I am proud everyday to be his mother. I love it when we are out and about and people not only comment on how cute he is, but how sweet and mellow he is. He definitely loves people and is rarely shy around strangers.

I love watching the world through his little eyes. I sometimes just watch him for minutes on end, seeing him discover everything around him. He is SO BUSY! He never stays focused on one thing for very long which is so funny...I just love him to bits!

I remember people telling me before I was pregnant, and then even more when I was pregnant how HARD it was going to be....that I'd better be ready for a big change. And yeah it HAS been different...a total adjustment..but WOW it's the BEST thing I've ever done!!! And there were hard times...still are some small hard times...but it sorta makes me wonder why everyone felt the need to say WAIT to have kids. I can't WAIT to have more!!! Connor is the best thing I've ever done and I feel bad for those who choose not to have children. What an awesome blessing they are!!!

Anyway, here are the pictures of the big day! I'll add videos later. :-)

m

d

No comments: