Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Other Skills



Sooooo ever since being in school I have felt SO satisfied with life. I was fulfilled as a mother, I LOVED being home with Connor always, but I couldn't deny the strong prompting to go back to school! And boy am I glad I listened to that prompting. As I stood on the floor of the Centrum Arena tonight taking photos of the volleyball game for an assignment from the University Journal I realized how much I would have missed out on. I have learned so much more than I ever imagined I would. I have loved my major, communications fits me like a glove! I have come to realize what a major nerd I am...I LOVE doing research. Like so much that I don't cringe anymore at the thought of getting a P.H.d!! What? Maybe someday....

One of my favorite classes, and favorite due to the challenges it has provided me with has been photojournalism. I have had my photos published twice, and have been really proud of my work each week. I have been on assignment from the Journal twice now, and tonight's assignment was for the women's volleyball game. It was my biggest challenge yet. I don't play sports, I don't watch sports...I know how to play the game, but WOW is it hard to get a good shot!!! To get a good sports shot you have to get a good facial expression and the ball in the shot...very challenging with a game that moves fast. BUT I DID IT!!! Tonight as I stood there and sang to myself when the cheerleaders were performing a routine I realized that I am finally exploring new talents and abilities that I might have ignored before. The only thing I have ever cared to do is perform and sing..it's been my "thing"...anyone know what that's like? You get labeled early and that's what you focus on???

Anyway, I love taking pictures. I love candid, and I love photojournalism. I want to get my master's degree in it someday...possibly. Here is my top shot from tonight's game...

I love that school has opened my eyes to more possibilities. It has also made me a really good mom...present and future. Through some of my classes I've discovered I really have a desire to home school my children someday...possibly. :)

SO...while I may be tired...and ready for this semester to be over, I am SO thankful I've been able to learn SO much! I have been more involved as a student than I ever was before...and it's awesome. It's hard and I feel that I am spreading myself too thin sometimes...but it always works out! I loved working as a poll worker, being a part of the democratic process, I love attending events and feeling a part of a community.

I'll probably add more to this post later...for now I can't keep my train of thought!!!

Goodnight all.....

2 comments:

Scott & Betsy & Fam said...

You are so amazing. I'm so proud of you and how well you do everything that's placed before you.
What a smart, stable girl you are. Thanks for your example to your sisters and dad and I.
Connor is so lucky to have you for his mommy. And Ben is so lucky to have you for his wife.
I'm so lucky to have you as my first born daughter too!
Love you,
Mom

Jessica said...

That's a GREAT photo! Nice work!