Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

We had such a wonderful Memorial day weekend! It didn't start out so great but did end well...Saturday morning I started itching all over...it was weird because I couldn't see any rash...but by that evening I had broken out in a full body red rash. It was SO miserable! I took Children's Benadryl to ease the itch..but it didn't help a whole lot. I took some regular Benadryl as well..and was out cold Saturday night. Luckily Ben was able to take care of Connor for me! :-) I slept so long the next morning..felt good but still had the rash--and it was worse. Realized I was probably allergic to my antibiotics. Good to know!!! So I stopped taking those...my family came up for Sunday dinner so they could see Connor and comfort me in my rash time..ha ha. It was nice to have them here and my dad and Ben were able to give me a blessing. By the next morning it was almost GONE! I am SO thankful for the priesthood and that I have a father and husband who are worthy to hold it! :-)

Sunday night my sisters Desi and Tasha had slept over, so the next morning we got a wild hair and decided to clean the backyard! It had WEEDS and mess all over! It was SO ridiculous. The owners of the home laid rock down last year before we moved in...and it is SO stupid. There are weeds coming up through the rock because of how they did it! So we spent all morning and part of the afternoon working our butts off. I was SO sore and weak..but we did such a great job! I wish I had taken a before picture..but this is what it looks like after. We planted some wildflowers in our planter, and I was insistent that we plant a little patch of grass so Connor and I could sit out there this summer and play! :-) I am SO sore today but it was well worth the hard work! I'm so glad my sisters were willing to help me and work so hard!

My parents came up around 2 and my dad is the one who helped plant the grass and finish the yard with me...while my mom made brownies for our family party. My grandma Irene turned 86 last week so the WHOLE family (minus the Gate's clan :-( ) Came together for the holiday and to celebrate her birthday! We all got together around 5:30 and had a fun BBQ. There were a LOT of us there...I'll have to count...it was a bit crazy...but SO fun. I have such a funny family! I love being around everyone and having a good time! Here are some pictures I snapped of the day..



My camera went dead before we got to the cemetery..but I was so moved when we got to my grandpa's grave and saw the big flag waving by his headstone, and his World War II plaque on the back...I wish he were still around so I could ask about his days in the service. I also have an uncle who served in Vietnam, and a cousin who is in the National Guard. And another cousin who just graduated from the naval academy..and another uncle who serves in the Army and has been in Iraq within the past few years. I'm so thankful they are all safe and have served our country well!

We had a wonderful weekend and today it's back to reality! School starts! I logged into my classes today..and think I'll be FINE! Can't wait to get learning again!

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Avree said...

So sorry about the rash, you've really been through it lately haven't you?! It looks like you guys had a fun weekend, Conner looks SO cute in all your pictures. So I see you decided to take classes, way to go! I think you'll be so glad you did, good luck this semester!