Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Father's Day

I think Ben would tell you his Father's Day was FANTASTIC! We were in St. George the night before and woke up early for 9:oo church on Sunday morning in my parent's ward. Connor got to snuggle with his daddy and then his grandpa before getting all ready in his Sunday clothes! It is so fun being there because Connor gets SO much attention! (Not that he's ever lacking here at home ha ha) My mom gave a little talk which I think she finished writing while still on the stand...ha ha. Connor was ready to get home for a nap after Sacrament so we came home and let him get some rest-but not before taking some family Father's Day pictures. Ben was THRILLED that I made him put his shirt and tie back on for some of these...ha ha.






After some naps and when everyone else was home I prepared the hours de' vours- shrunp cocktail, crab salad with crackers, and sourdough bread with oil and vinegar. It was SO yummy! The men go to open their gifts in their new zero-gravity chairs my mom gave them! (I got one for my birthday woo woo!) Ben was surprised to get an I-Pod touch, I was SO happy I finally surprised him! He always figures everything out! He needed one to help him stay organized with his schedule and he just always felt left out when I had mine to play with! ha ha...he also got some new workout clothes and a desk calendar from Connor with his cute pictures on each month page. Finally something to show him off with at work! Connor gave my dad some beef jerky, and our gift to him was the awesome dinner that soon followed! It was fun watching them open and get excited over their stuff.

Next was the DELICIOUS dinner we all got to enjoy! My daddy and Hubby got the royal feast for themselves but we all got to partake of a lot of it too. My dad got Lobster Tail and New York Steak and Ben got a huge Rib Eye Steak! (Ben's not a fan of much seafood). To top it off we had pasta salad, fruit salad, baked potatoes, fruit, corn on the cob and more shrimp cocktail. It was MMM MMM GOOD!!!
I was proud of my HUGE lobster tail I cooked for my dad. He LOVES it so much and I thought it was fun to feed him something he wouldn't normally buy for himself! Connor enjoyed his sweet potatoes to the extreme..as you can see...

I am SO thankful for my wonderful father. He has always been such a great example of hard work, dedication and integrity. He has taught us all so well and I love how close he is to the Spirit. He is so sensitive that he cries pretty easily (that's where I get it from) but will deny it to the death if you try and point out the tear on his cheek.

I am also SO happy to be married to such a wonderful man, the father of our first born. He is SO good with Connor! He changes diapers with no complaint, plays with him, reads to him, feeds him and is usually the one who gets him first thing in the morning. I know I married my perfect match when I see how closely linked our parenting styles already are. He keeps the binkis clean, Connor away from germs and is always concerned with his well-being. Thank you honey for being such an awesome daddy! We love you with all of our hearts and souls!

1 comment:

linzi said...

That top picture of connor is incredible! Those eyes! He's beautiful, Kirsten. Isn't it so incredible to feel so much love for them?! It seems like you are enjoying every moment of him!!! It has been fun to watch Connor grow as well. I'm so happy that you have found so much joy in your life!

And wow - lobster tails?! You must be a great chef. I always see them at the market and wish I knew how to cook them :) I guess I could google it, huh? Anyway, thanks for the inspiration!...as always! :)