Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

6 Months!


Where has the time gone?! I can't believe my baby boy is 6 months old! I remember when he was 3 days old..being sad that time was going by so quickly..and NOW look at us! I have loved every minute of the past 6 months!...ok...so maybe not the colicky moments. Those were HARD. But I have to say this age is by far my favorite! He has such a fun little personality! I think his dad is having lots more fun with him now too...he plays and laughs and reaches for EVERYTHING. He LOVES his bottles..the second he spots one-whether it's empty or full he gets SO excited. He reaches for it or squeals like a piglet to get it! Ha ha! He went to the doctor on the first and these are his stats:
14 lbs 6 oz
27 inches long
I'll just mention some of our favorite things about Connor right now:

*He is a CHAMPION sleeper now! He goes to bed without crying, and sleeps until 6 or later..then eats and goes back to sleep for 2 hours! And no crying for naptime either! He just watches me leave and goes to sleep! We are SO thankful for that!
*He is totally teething..the second his bottle is gone he sticks his hands in his mouth to chew on them!
* He gives the BEST snuggles. I love it when he is drowsy and just burrows his face into my neck. He also has started reaching for people..mostly just mommy so far..but it's SO fun!
* He has had some solid poops..ha ha sorry if that grosses anyone out..but we are so proud of him! ha ha
* He loves to grab the spoon in my hand when I'm feeding him his baby food..it gets quite messy every time!
*Foods he's had: Squash, sweet potatoes, bananas (his favorites), peaches, pears (NOT his favorite), carrots, rice cereal and oatmeal cereal. HE'S A PIG!!
*He loves his daddy..he won't cry with him..just lays there and plays and has a grand old time.
*He LOVES Figaro! This isn't anything new but his adoration for that dog grows everyday. He smiles and giggles at him and it makes our lives that much better for him to have entertainment from the dog!
*He is SO ticklish and sometimes can't even get his giggles out..just sorta screams in delight! LOVE IT!
*He's almost ALMOST sitting up alone! Most of the time he can do it- but likes to get lazy and fall over ha ha
*The other day at the grocery store he had a giggle fit that went on for about 5 minutes. I was in line waiting to check out then checking out and everyone around us was smiling. The checker beside me said " I don't know what you do to that baby but he's the happiest one I've ever seen and heard!" Ha ha! I was cracking up watching HIM crack up and it just made the day golden! He always gets told what a happy pleasant baby he is!
*He reaches for anything and EVERYTHING. He particularly loves my cell phone so we got him his own toy cell phone..so it begins..ha ha
I know there are so many more wonderful things we love about our sweet baby boy..but those are the ones that stand out to me! I love him SO much and can't believe in another 6 months he'll be a year old! CRAZY!
For Connor's half birthday we celebrated with aunt Tasha. She stayed with us for a few days and we had a great time! We walked to main street and had some ice cream from Bulloch drug, then went to Great Harvest and got a slice of bread..then to Papa Murphy's to get som pizza which we walked home and cooked and ate while we watched "Leap Year". Such a fun day! Connor loves his aunt Tasha! She loves holding him and playing with him!
Bath time is STILL his favorite time! He thinks he's so big now and loves to pull himself into sitting position!
HA HA this is when he dropped his toy on the side of his tub and tried to get it! Stinkin CUTE bum!


Happy 6 month Birthday sweet baby Connor!

4 comments:

Rich and Cass said...

Love this! I can't believe he is already that old. He really is the cutest. Thanks for your comment! I will for sure keep it updated with this crazy adventure I'm about to take. Love you!

Miranda said...

Yeah!!! Happy Birthday bud! You are getting so big. :)
Kirsten I started LOVING Tanner's personality when he hit 6 months, it just get better and better. We can't wait to see you guys again!

Turnbow's said...

Time for another! LOL!!!! He is so cute! I mean I would expect anything less coming from you!!! I want to see if when he is older he can do napolyn dynamite like no other! WTH come to ZUMBA

Avree said...

He is such a little cutie! That's great that he is such a good sleeper!