Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our house...and more!

I finally got around to taking some pictures today, and part of the inspiration came from the fact that my wonderful husband finished our bedroom today! He painted and put all the furniture in it's proper place and decorated the walls! Good thing he has good taste or him hanging things alone could have been scary. But he did GREAT and I LOVE our new cozy room!

These first pictures are of our wonderful kitchen. The beautiful kitchen table displayed is one of my FAVORITE pieces of furniture! It was SUCH a good price, and the only reason was because the leaf is missing! As if we could fit it in there with a leaf anyway! So the price for the table was $60!!! And each chair was only $15 each, they HAPPENED to match the table, and it was the only chair on display for sale that had 4 others waiting in a warehouse! STEAL! I'm so proud of this table...and the rest of my kitchen. Bottom right is Figaro coming inside through his doggy door! It goes into the garage, and then another doggy door goes from the garage to the backyard. It took him a little over a week but he's got it all figured out and loves to use it!
The next photos are of my beautiful bedroom. Ben bought the curtains and rod all by himself and did a GREAT job. He surprised me when I got home from work tonight by having it all BEAUTIFIED! The bottom right picture is my favorite feature..my built in shoe rack! I love our huge closet, and believe it or not we don't even come close to filling it up! Yay for that!

Next is our living room and spare bathroom. The master bath is right inside the bedroom but isn't clean right now...so maybe later. This extra bathroom has been dubbed "my" bathroom because it's so girly and it's the better tub to take a bath in! :) It'll eventually be the baby's bathroom but for now it's all me. (And our guests he he) Then is our BEAUTIFUL living room. I really didn't like the wall color at first but it really grew on me and feels very warm and modern. The couch was another deal at Boulevard during their tent sale...got it for $450 and it is a dual recliner! We LOVE it! I can't wait to recline while holding my bowl of popcorn on my prego belly while watching my favorite shows :-) That's my dream people! haha...I hope you can put the angles together to figure this out...but we love having our piano in the living room, Ben plays it a lot more now. And then our beautiful Curio...our last steal from Boulevard. It's a curio/fireplace combo. The fireplace is fake fire but has a real heater that puts out a GREAT amount of heat, should keep us warm in the winter! It was originally $1350 and we got it for $300...couldn't say no! I uploaded the picture again to show the whole thing...so pretty.

The next pictures show a bit of our backyard. We pulled some HUGE weeds...rather Ben did, that were taller than the wall! It was intense, but he did it and then we planted some pretty flowers! Ok so BEN planted all the flowers. I was working INDOORS :) We already had 4 rosebushes that were hidden inside all the weeds! We also have this beautiful shade tree...a weeping willow that Ben also trimmed nicely. And in the back you can see a little dog run that we used to lock the puppies in when Lady and Inka came to visit so they wouldn't eat all our flowers! Figaro LOVES his backyard, and so do we!

In other news...we finally had a nice thunderstorm tonight! Desi has been staying with us all week, and tonight we went bowling but came out to find a beautiful rainbow! We rushed home and got some great pictures...wish I had better ones but this'll do! :) We had a really REALLY pretty one last week that I couldn't capture with my cell phone but the sun was hitting the mountain and it was the brightest rainbow I've ever seen! I could see every color so clearly. I think we'll be seeing a lot of these here in Cedar.
Also, I never posted a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY post for my dad and soon to be daddy husband! We had a really fun day, my family got to our house around 8:15 that morning and Ben made us all a yummy breakfast of scones, eggs and fruit! We went to my cousin Bryce's farewell after that and then gave dad some presents and celebrated more at the farewell!

We got him a pound of jerky and Paul Blart Mall Cop! He loved that movie and laughed so hard when we saw it in theaters!

My mom created a collage that has my dad holding all of us girls when we are babies...so sweet!

I really do owe my dad a HUGE tribute. He is the best dad in the whole world and I could cry just saying so. I run into people frequently who know my dad or have worked with him...and they all have amazing things to say about him. It makes me SO proud to be the daughter of a hard working, kind, loving man. He has a good reputation for being on time, getting work done the correct way, and having a great attitude all the while. He has been such an example to me and I hope to always be viewed as the type of worker he is! Aside from that he is a spiritual giant. Ever since his calling as bishop and even before that, he has been such a rock. His testimony shines through his eyes and he maintains his dedication to the Lord on a daily basis. He works very hard to be a better person every day. I love that he gets teary eyed as much as I do-must be where I get it from! I am SO excited and proud to make a grandpa out of him! He's just as thrilled as I am I think, and is determined to get a boy...but I know he'll be SO excited either way! I love getting sweet emails from my dad and I love that he never lets me pay for my own lunch (he he). He supported Ben and I for six months, probably a lot longer than he wanted to!) and still tries to help us out any way he can. I could go on and on, but he really is the BEST dad. I hope Ben will be just like him to our children!

And as for Ben I can't wait to see him fill the shoes of daddy this year! He'll be the sweetest most adorable father...and I'm so grateful that I married him so that he could be the father of our children. :-)

Sorry for the long post but I had to catch up!!!

1 comment:

According to Ana said...

I like cedar
It seems like a good fit for you two
congrats on your bargain deals. I have got to learn the fine art of bargain shopping