Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

DEALS and Fireworks!

So today I was perusing the yard sales online when I came across an office closeout "yard sale". They were selling all sorts of office furniture and computers so I figured we might as well check it out. This was at 10:15 a.m. and the sale had already been going on the night before and since 8:00 this morning. WELL we were in luck, not many people had been by yet! We wandered around and I realized they had a desk that looked just like the one Ben had wanted to buy at Staple's a month or so ago. I had told him we should really just wait, never know what you can find at garage sales and when school specials start. WELL it was the very same desk! Ben was so surprised to see it there, and I can't believe he had walked right past it to the other more expensive desks! So we put dibs on THAT for sure. Then we found a nice office chair that Ben really loved, nice and big. Then we saw some utility shelves for our garage to store stuff on. Then I saw a decorative shelf that I really liked! Then we found a mini fridge for Ashlee to take to college this fall! After all that, we talked them into letting us have one of the other chairs for free. Turns out the one we got free retails at more than the one we paid for! So below check out all our price deals!
Magic Chef Mini fridge- still has plastic on inside shelf-perfect condition
Retail: $99.99 @ Home Depot
Paid: $20.00!

Brother Laser Printer- Hardly-if ever-used GREAT condition
Retail: $189.00
Paid: $10.00!
Rubbermaid utility shelves
Retail $79.99 each @ Target
Paid-$10.00 each for 2!


Beautiful decorative shelf
Retail: Estimate $25.o0
Paid: $5.00!


Two computer chairs
Retail: Left chair-$60.00 Right Chair- $50.00
Paid:Left Chair-FREE Right chair- $20.00


Desk- A few minor scuffs but looks very new
Retail: $170.00 @ Staples
Paid: $25.00!!!



Ben lovingly cleaning his new prize--PRICELESS

Needless to say I'm very proud of these deals. We also got a free Mr. Potato Head from their toy box-ha ha. Also got a nice surge protector for $2.00. We added up the retail value of all these items and the total came to $764.00! We paid a whoppin $102.00. Don't ever tell me yard sales are just a bunch of junk! We got all this for almost half what we would have paid for the desk alone! YIPPEEE!!!

Also I thought I'd throw in a few cool pictures we got last night while doing Pioneer Day Fireworks...

4 comments:

Errin said...

Great deals!! Way to go!

Katie Nikolaus said...

That's a nice fridge to put her be---I mean, soda in! Haha! I love Tommy Boy! Congrats on all the deals!

Shively's said...

We had that exact same desk--I think it's actually still somewhere in the basement:) Great deals Kirst! 6 more days!!!!!

Robyn said...

I sent in my paperwork, and I am waiting for my status to change from approved to accepted and for them to tell me that they've mailed it. It has been since the 11th, so almost 4 weeks. This has been the longest part of the process. I emailed them and they said it can take up to 4 weeks for them to process the paperwork, so I'm holding my breath because I'm getting close!

I didn't know you had tried it! Keep me updated on it!

Hope you're feeling great. Love ya!