Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hi Daddy!

So I'm pretty amazed myself that this happened last night, but you can't deny the truth! :-) I was laying in my nice warm bath, and my bath pillow is being washed so I wasn't awfully comfy. I was just enjoying feeling the baby move lots. I put my hand on my stomach like I always do, waiting to be able to feel him on the outside as well as the inside. I had to feel it a couple times to be almost sure I could really feel him, but I called Ben in and told him to HURRY! :) So he took what felt like an eternity to me to come in and I put his hand right where mine had been. He has this tendency to push down thinking that'll help him feel the baby. I guess it worked because he felt him a couple times! I couldn't really even tell if the baby had moved since he had his hand pressed there. But the third time I felt it really strong and so did Ben! He said "I felt that! I felt it again!" I was pretty excited as I think he was. He's been waiting to be able to feel the little guy. There have been times when I'm amazed he CAN'T feel him in there because it feels like such a big kick to me! But FINALLY he felt it! It was really cute, like the baby was saying "Ok ok, HI dad". :-)

Every little first moment is SO much fun. I can't wait for all the other firsts! Of course some of the firsts are NOT very fun. Like the first time you get a backache from the extra weight you carry around. And when you spend the whole shift at work with what feels like indigestion, but later realize is probably a pinched nerve in your upper back...NOT fun.
Being pregnant is already a lot more work than I thought it would be. I thought I had at least 2 more months before I felt all the aches and pains of pregnancy, but apparently with the good comes the bad. I'll take it though! Having this little baby boy in my tummy is a dream come true, and I love EVERY minute of it! He keeps me company and jabs at me when I'm in a bad mood almost as if to say "cheer up mommy!" It really DOES cheer me up too. I'll enjoy this part of it as long as I can, until he's kicking my ribs and REALLY making himself known! I fear that as active as he is now...he may be quite a mover and kicker in later months. I guess he'll be hyper like his mom! No problem with that! :-)

9 comments:

Avree said...

How exciting! It's so fun when your hubby gets to feel the kicking, I think it makes it seem more real.

Steven and Miranda said...

Yea, that is so exciting! I can not wait to see you this weekend! I will be able to see your belly! Feeling the baby move is the most comforting feeling ever, expecally when you can kinda pin point what body part it is! My brother will get annoyed after a while, well Steven did anyway cuz in the middle of night, I would wake him up to feel Tanner move! heheheh

Teria Brooks said...

aww thats so precious! feeling a baby move inside your tummy is the most amazing feeling ever. i never got sick of it! reading your post almost made me cry because i know how special those moments are. they go by way too fast!

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

I love that! Wait til you can actually are the little foot as its kicking that's pretty crazy!

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

I love that! Wait til you can actually see the little foot as its kicking that's pretty crazy!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Thats so exciting!! What an excited little boy!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that you guys are going to have a baby!!!

RICK and AMANDA said...

Congratulations Kirsten! That is so exciting!

ashlee woo said...

Awwwwwwwuh Kirsty's gonna be a mommy!!!