Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Grateful...

Since by Thanksgiving I'll be so miserable and ready to pop, I thought since I have a minute I'd blog about the things I am THANKFUL for!

For starters, since I'm at work right now, I'll say how thankful I am to have a job. After 7 months of being unemployed and realizing what a scary time it can be, I know how lucky I am to have the job I have. I only have to work 4 hours a day and my job is VERY easy. I love getting out of the house and socializing a little bit each day. I like everyone I work with and really appreciate how nice they all are! And they were totally cool with me being prego, even though I'm apparently the 7-8th girl in this job to be pregnant! haha...

Since it's the main thought in my head all the time...I'm SO thankful to be pregnant with this little boy. I love him SO much already, and when I feel him move I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. It's better than the excitement I used to feel over a new crush or really good food, or almost ANYTHING else for that matter! I can't believe my body knows how to build this little human. It's not always comfortable but I wouldn't change it for the WORLD! He's going to change our lives SO much and I can't wait!

I really should have said this one FIRST but it doesn't make me any less grateful...I am SO thankful for Ben. He has been such an awesome husband throughout my pregnancy. Two days ago I came home to a clean house, the dishes all done, the laundry folded, and dinner on the table! And after I ate I laid on the couch and without me asking he started to rub my feet. I'm not even on my feet at work, nor are they swollen yet, but the gesture was sure nice! He encourages me to make goals and stay busy throughout the pregnancy so I stay happy and keep my spirits up! He goes for walks with me every night, and I LOVE that time.

I'm thankful for our beautiful home. I was perfectly content in California with our tiny little apartment and after we moved I really missed Ben and I having our own little niche. But we have one again and I really have loved making the space OURS! I am grateful we found somewhere priced just right that we can live in for 2 years. It's fun to picture our son crawling around on the floors we try so desperately to keep clean. I love that he'll have lots of room to roam!

I am VERY thankful for my family. I don't know how we could have managed the last 6 months without their support. Times were rough some days...but we really pulled through it and I missed them all like crazy the first week we lived here in Cedar! I have two wonderful parents who I know love Ben and I more than anything...and 3 sisters who I can't imagine life without! They are so fun to be around and I can't wait to see where life takes each of them.

I am also thankful for my sweet little dog, Figaro. He is my best little friend. He follows me everywhere in the house, even the bathroom. I am never alone as long as he's around. :-) He is so fun to cuddle with and talk to, and I'm having a hard time training him to sleep in his doggy bed because I love knowing he's right at my feet at night. I couldn't ask for a better dog!

I'm thankful for my extended family and all of my friends who are always there to lend support or just have fun with! My life is truly blessed and I'm thankful for each and every day!

1 comment:

Errin said...

after that post im ready to eat thanksgiving dinner! ;)