Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh Fall Television...





So.....we canceled our dish network about 3 months ago, right as summer started. Why? Because we were both enrolled full time in school and didn't have time for t.v. And because we were getting SO sick of being plopped down in front of the t.v. watching STUPID shows! Our favorite show-Ugly Betty, ended in April--and let's be honest. The other shows are getting ridiculous. Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy...starting to get too trashy. Maybe that's just me-but nonetheless I was over it. We were over it.

So now we just have t.v. available through the high def. rabbit ears. We get basic channels, and included is ABC. I have seen the previews for the next season of some of my shows, and honestly I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to watch the premiers. I know if I watch the premiers, I'll be hooked. And I'll somehow not have enough time to do my homework, be a mommy..yadda yadda.

Also, we have been going to institute and our teacher told us he has a daughter in law who doesn't watch any movies that are rated higher than PG. Yeah to some that's extreme...and I'm not quite ready for that point...but Ben and I were talking and realized that some of the t.v. we watch is just BAD. I don't say any of this to be holier than thou, and I certainly don't care what any of my friends watch--but for us--we notice that the spirit can't reside when we have that stuff in our living room. And we are parents now--meaning it's time to start good habits. I don't want to watch anything I wouldn't dare watch with my kids. So there you have it--Goodbye Grey's, Private Practice, (seriously those are the only shows I can remember...and I know I used to watch like 8 shows...) oh yeah..maybe I'll still watch Heroes if it still comes on...but that's the extent of it.

Anyone else feel this way? I get SO much more done without the stupid TV!!!! :)

Happy Wednesday...hope you all survive til the weekend!

2 comments:

Avree said...

Good for you! I actually get more done in the evening when I watch TV because I fold laundry or quilt (then I don't have to feel guilty). You're right though, there is a lot of trash to sift through.

Jessica said...

We got rid of Dish too. We really spent way to much time watching TV. Now we play games and just have way more fun. So I totally get where you are coming from.