Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My life...

Lately I have been thinking about how deeply I enjoy so many aspects of my life. And how different things are because I am in school now.

For example, there are times when I see things like STUDY ABROAD! and JOIN OUR CLUB!
And I think-- wow I could have done those things if I had finished school before I got married and had Connor. But then I realize I was SUCH a different person back then. I had ambition, but not nearly as much as I have now. And I didn't have the confidence I have now.

I crack myself up because I go to school and I'll carry around my water jug, (it's big) and my diet coke mug, and my backpack and my camera case. Me from 3-4 years ago would feel like a fool. I'd never be caught eating my lunch as I walked from one class to the next. I also would have not come to school wearing some of the things I wear. And sometimes YEAH I'm a little embarrassed that I don't have a cute skinny, pre-pregnancy body like a lot of these girls. But mostly, I have WAY more confidence in myself because I know I have a hubby and an adoring SON at home, who love me no matter what I choose to wear, what I look like on campus, and whatnot.

I realized today that I carry myself totally different than I used to. I walk knowing that I am a successful person, I am a good mom, and I am a pretty dang good wife! I know that I am more than just what I do. I feel that for the first time I am genuinely confident in who I am and who I am becoming.

It's strange how the busier you are, the more you get done, and the more you want to do. Weird right? But awesome nonetheless. For instance, I have been REALLY wanting to cook new recipes. I have been subscribed to the Taste of Home Magazine for almost a year now, and I haven't made a thing. Maybe one or two recipes, but nothing major. This week alone I have tried out two new meals! This is last night's accomplishment:
Grilled Tomatillo Chicken

AND:


Yes. I made a pie. My first pie ever. I know it's rough. But dang it tasted good. P.S. if you've never made a pie I have two tips:
1. If the edges start to burn before the rest is cooked, put foil around the edges or parts that are burning.
2. Put the pie tin on a cookie sheet. Otherwise the juices will drizzle onto the bottom of the oven and cause your house to smell like burning fruit. I learned this the hard way.

I was VERY proud of my hard work. I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the day-- school, grocery shopping, homework, baking and cooking. It was a long day. But a GOOD day!

And I have to post how freakin cute Connor is after his bath.

I laughed so hard when I was taking these pictures. He reminds me of one of those fat canister things that can all be stacked within each other...anyone know what I'm talking about? He he..

1 comment:

Lauren said...

like a russian doll?? ha ha.. love this post, kirst. :)