Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

And I said I'd never need math?



Today as I was on a walk with Connor I got thinking about how often I use some of the basic knowledge I learned in school. Remember how we all said "Math? When am I ever going to use this?!" Well....

I use math in the following ways:

I know how many teaspoons are in a tablespoon, how many ounces are in a pound, etc. I have to know this when I'm adding up my food intake for the day.
Knowing how much an ounce is makes bottle making a lot easier.
I have to keep track of how many feedings and diaper changes Connor has had.
I have to keep a family budget--adding and subtracting almost daily.
I have to do quick math at the grocery store sometimes to figure out how much I'm spending.
I know how to figure out how much I'm spending per diaper, which saves me a lot of money.
I use it to count how many slobbery kisses in a row I can get from Connor.
Without numbers I wouldn't know that there are millions of reasons I love my life as a mother and a wife.
Photo credits: Lauren Casto Photography

5 comments:

Robyn said...

wow, must say, I love this picture. how cool is that. props, lauren! (p.s. when is she coming to my house??)

JustLivingMYLife said...

lol true story..
ok i absolutely LOVE that pic of you two!!! it is sooo adorable!

Avree said...

Such a cute picture!

kate said...

Beautiful photo!!!


I've yet to see the value in math. I'm sure it'll come one of these days. For now, I still despise it!

pst.. thanks for you nice comment the other day. i feel like i post to much sometimes, and it's nice to know that people like it!

kate said...

okay.

that dream sounded whack but hilarious. i have the craziest dreams all the time.

like the time that hilary clinton saved me from impending doom.

whack is right. :)