Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful 1st Mother's Day! The night before I was going crazy trying to figure out what Ben had gotten me..he was acting all secretive. So after he finished up what it was he said I could open it that night! I'm so glad he did cuz I wouldn't have been able to sleep! He and his mom went in on a Spa package at Red Mountain spa for me! It's a 50 minute massage and lunch, plus use of the facilities all day! And the best part is he had my dad get one for my mom so we can go together! I'm so SO excited!! I have never had a massage...and I'm looking forward to it BIG time! He also gave me a bouquet of BEAUTIFUL flowers!The next morning on Mother's Day he made me some strawberry crepes for breakfast, and we went to church. I just got called as a Relief Society teacher and taught the lesson, which was wonderful. I had a lot of fun, and gave the ladies my favorite sugar cookies after! :-) They were a big hit!

That day Ben did all the cooking and cleaning of the kitchen while I lounged around and played with Connor. He made a BEAUTIFUL cake...it was so good! We had my family over for dinner and enjoyed steak fajitas. My mom got me a nice gift, since it was my first Mother's Day...very sweet! A strainer that balances on the sink, a cute note pad with matching file folders, lip gloss, and a beautiful miniature statue of a mother with her child. I got her a Picaboo photo book with all of the highlights from the past year!

Later that day we went to my grandma Irene's house with all the extended family for some dessert. It was so nice to have everyone together...the day before we had been together also for my cousin Mandy's wedding. We all had some of Ben's cake and other goodies...so fun! Also, Ashlee got to hear from her missionary Jeremy! We all got a chance to talk to him, and it was so nice to hear his voice! He had great news for us too! His dad had just told him that he had decided to be BAPTIZED! Jeremy's mom is a member of the Church but his dad has never been...well now that Jeremy's on his mission and his twin brother is about to head into the mission field the spirit has been very present in the Garcia home. After reading a six page letter Jeremy wrote-over and over again- he decided to be baptized! We were thrilled!

That evening we relaxed at home...it was a wonderful day and I felt so special! I am so thankful to be a mother--and to have a wonderful mother of my own! She is my best friend and I take it as a compliment when people tell me I act just like her! :-) We have so much fun together laughing and being stupid! Ha ha...

I am so thankful for Connor and how much fun it is to take care of him! I prayed so hard to become a mother and it's the best thing I've ever done! I love every moment I spend with him and love watching him develop and grow! I am so thankful for Ben who made me a mother and treats me so well. I truly am married to my perfect match!

This is Connor at 5 months, wearing what Ben wore the day he was blessed! Ha ha!!!

No comments: