Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Well hello there officer...

It's 3:20 a.m. and we're all sleeping peacefully in our beds when the doorbell rings and someone keeps knocking on the door...I feel like it must be later in the morning and maybe one of my sisters snuck out and got locked out, or my dad is coming home from work to make us breakfast (which he is currently doing...) but instead it was a kindly police officer. Yeah. That'll worry you...my dad came in and said, "Kirsten wake up. You need to get dressed and come out here." I said, "Did something bad happen?" Immediately thinking of my sisters...not worried about Connor cuz he's fast asleep beside me in his crib. He said, "Something about your car and your laptop being stolen." Oh...ok. First thing I said to Ben, "Well it looks like we'll be getting a Mac Book after all..." I guess I always see the silver lining..ha ha.

Well some hooligans had broken into my car and 4 others...and when I say broke in I mean found the idiots who forget to lock their car and leave things like laptops sitting right on the floor in the front seat under a jacket. The police caught them and found them trying to stash my computer under a tree or a bush of sorts. The cop was returning valuables to people last night and I was relieved to get my laptop back in fine condition.

But really...who steals? It's lame. And you'll probably get caught...so don't bother. Poor schmucks have a record now, for being stupid! But I'm relieved I didn't have to wake up this morning to find my computer missing...that would have sucked. For once I'm very thankful for the large number of police officers working in St. George. They catch bad guys!

And I'm really thankful to be posting this blog from my lovely laptop, missing the shift key and all, thanks to Connor boy. :-)

LOCK YOUR DOORS!

3 comments:

KaraCampbell said...

LUCKY is all I can say!

The Schmutz Family said...

That seriously sucks to be broken in to. It happened to our family about 10 years ago. It is such an awful feeling of violation.

And thanks for the comment. He He! I do remember your 6th sense. :)

Megan Young said...

Wow! Yes, lucky you are!