Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

After the post....

A couple of eventful things happened right after I clicked the post button yesterday...

Connor woke up from his nap so I went in to get him and he was NOT in a happy mood. I smelled poop so I started changing him and realized it was pretty much all up his back. So into the tub he went..which REALLY made him mad. He was shivering so I had to turn the water up a bit and let him soak in some nice warm water. He seemed to be happy by then...so when he was all clean I got him out...mad again...and got him dressed which is always quite an ordeal when he's mad and arching his back. So I finally got him dressed in dry fresh clothes...socks and all...then went to change the laundry over. 30 seconds later I hear water...like a little waterfall...then hear him cry. He had grabbed my FULL cup of water to take a drink..and it had gone all down the front of him...drenching the poor kid. Honestly...I laughed. I was sad for him..but the irony of the moment made me laugh!

So onto the NEXT outfit. The poor kid really struggled for the rest of the day..I think he had a tummy ache. But at the end of the day...the moment of complete and utter joy I felt as a mother was indescribable. We always pray with Connor...but this time when I said, "Let's say your prayers", Connor folded his arms all by himself! I wanted to cry...and almost did. Those are the moments that totally make being a mommy the BEST job in the whole world!

Just thought I'd share while the memory was fresh...

2 comments:

Avree said...

How cute! It's those moments that make cleaning the poop up the back worth it! :)

I'm glad your laptop was recovered! Stealing is one of the things that makes me the maddest, it is ultimate selfishness!

Let us know how the P90X thing goes, I've heard lots about it!

Christina said...

we have way too many days like this (changing outfits constantly). wait until you have kiddo #2!! twice the goodness, twice the badness :)