Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh boy...







I have to blog before I forget or get too busy. Connor is changing SO much and is becoming a world class clown!

Connor reads to himself..big time. He used to at least just play with books and sorta mumble to himself. Now he flips the pages, and talks. He's speaking baby of course...but he is literally reading these books to himself. I LOVE it! I have always been worried..what if I don't read to him enough? Am I a good teacher for my kid? Now I know I've done at least enough for him to know what reading IS! I am such a proud momma...and I giggle every time he picks up a book!

He has learned the art of imitation..not just with "reading" but with our words. He's starting to copy us. He copies me when I "pretend laugh" when talking on his fake phone. He copies me if I ever say anything funny that involves my tongue...hard to explain but he flaps his tongue around to copy me! It's time to start REALLY watching what we say and do!

He has said his first official words...I'm going to say that "Hi" is his first one, but he's been saying mama daddy and puppy for a while..just not sure when he associated it with us.

He's going to be a singer. No doubt about it. He sings to himself all the time. He dances to his own singing! He copies my tunes almost exactly sometimes...yes I'm proud. SO proud!

He keeps everyone at church and wherever we go laughing. He acts so silly, and even when he throws fits people can't help but laugh. He is SUCH a drama-...king?

He fake cries...fake coughs...and is learning more "fake" stuff every day. He just started throwing these fake fits yesterday...we hate it but I know someday we'll look back and laugh!

When he wakes up from naps or bedtime he doesn't just ease into wakefulness. He starts out with a full on babble fest. It cracks me up every time!

He knows when he's doing something naughty. Totally looks at us with that "Are you watching me?" face...it's hard to get "mad" at him!

He loves to give Figaro "loves". He wraps his arms around his neck and lays his head on Figaro's...it's the sweetest thing ever. He'll be so sweet when he has a little brother or sister someday.

He has a funny love for scarves and anything he can drape around his neck! He started this when we were on our cruise and he stayed at my parent's house. He grabbed a scarf and put it on, around the back of his neck. And just crawled on...and when he got home he did it with the kitchen towel until I found a scarf for him! SO funny!

He sometimes makes faces that sort of embarrass me. Like I think they're cute..but when we're in public and he scrunches his nose and makes a funny face to people who we don't know... I hope they don't think his face is stuck that way. I know this is silly...but honestly sometimes I get embarrassed! And I realize how innocent children truly are...and how tainted we become as we get older. I wish I could make faces at people, stare at them, fart in front of them and not care one bit! He's such a wonderful example of innocence and pure love!

My little boy is growing up so fast...and I love every day I spend with him!

2 comments:

KaraCampbell said...

I LOVE this. Seriously it's Cooper to a T minus the fake tantrums, and fake laughing. Seriously, it's almost weirding me out. The pictures are portraying exactly what goes on at our house too.

I love that you have a little singer too. It melts my heart every time I hear Coop pipe in, in the back seat while driving, or during the hymns at church, it's so sweet, and he gets the most serious face!

Love you! Love sweet Connor!

Liz said...

LOVE THAT THIRD PHOTO! Can you say adorable!