Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

9&10


To begin, here are some fun family pictures we had taken by my BFF Lauren in August!

WE LOVE this face he makes!!! He he...
Yep, we're officially an SUU family. Connor




I feel so behind on blogging. Things are so busy at our house, that it is now a luxury instead of part of my routine to blog. But I haven't posted anything about Connor's progress in a while. Mostly I was waiting to get our family pictures back so I'd have some to post of Connor man. But that's a lame excuse...so I hope I can remember everything..

Connor's first tooth is making it's way through! We can see a little white bump, it'll be here any day!

Connor usually makes a new step in life at the first of every month. It's like he knows that he is a whole month older and has to do something new! Nine months didn't bring anything majorly new. He started finally getting into crawling stance instead of just army crawling, but he still prefers his army crawl on our wood floors...he can slide a lot faster! :) At his doctors appointment he weighed 18 pounds 5 ounces, and was about 28 inches long. He's growing at a steady rate and is finally not in the smallest percentile! He loves his veggies still a LOT more than his fruits, but he is finally eating his pears without me having to hide them in his rice cereal every time! Somewhere in the past few weeks he has adopted this SQUEAL. It is ear piercing, makes your ears ring, and is IMPOSSIBLE to stop. I've tried getting "mad" at him, but he thinks it's funny and just squeals again! Mostly he does it when he's in his high chair and he runs out of "puffs"...so he alerts mommy and daddy to refill his tray. Which reminds me, at about 9 months I started giving him gerber graduate puffs to feed to himself. He loves it and feels so big when he can feed himself! We're also starting to give him little pieces of bread and his daddy loves letting him suck on lemons and limes...so mean! I will say, however, that Connor seems to enjoy the limes, even though his face turns inside out, he'll reach for the wedge and feed it to himself. He cracks me up!

He also does patty cake on cue now, and has started waving bye bye and hi!


Something major that happened when he was 9 1/2 months old is he started standing in his crib!!! I knew it was coming when I went in there and he'd be kneeling by the side, but before we had a chance to lower the crib, he was full on standing, about to topple over the edge. Before I even had Connor, the moment I looked forward to most was the time when I'd walk into his room and he'd be standing in his crib, smiling at me. When that moment finally came I could have exploded with joy! MY BABY!!! I love him SOOOO much, and he melts my heart with everything he does! We went through a week or so when he didn't want to take naps because he was so excited about the fact that he could walk around in his crib and reach toys that mommy and daddy hadn't moved that were right outside the crib. It was a long week......but he's finally napping again!Something I hope he does for a lot longer is give me big sloppy kisses!!! They are the BEST!

At about 10 months Connor started pulling himself up so he could start scaling the furniture and little objects around the house. He likes to pull himself onto small things and crawl all over them. He loves to play with his car seat, he'll climb halfway in and rock in it on his tummy. He pushes that thing all over the place until it gets stuck and won't rock. Then he moves on!!! He is SO busy and we laugh a lot watching the silly things he does and the situations he gets himself into! He falls a lot, but never cries or even whines, he just gets back up and tries again!

The biggest moment was a few days ago, when he stood all by himself for the first time! He likes to stand up at his bouncy chair toy, I think he finds it cool that he can play with the toys on it, but not be stuck, he can walk around it...anyway...he was holding onto it with one arm, and I could tell he wanted to step forward. I saw his little hand start shaking a little, trying to let go and find his balance. He finally stood there for a few seconds without holding on to anything, and then fell forward. IT WAS SO EXCITING!!! For those few seconds we just held our breath and then lurched forward to catch him when he fell. We didn't make it to him in time, but again, he didn't cry. Just kept playing!

Connor's personality emerges more and more everyday. I'm noticing that so far he is a wonderful blend of Ben and I both. He is mellow, easygoing and sweet like Ben, but he is hyper and giggly and silly like his mommy! We laugh together a LOT more than I'd expected to laugh with him being this young. Sometimes he even farts and lets out a little laugh like, "hey mommy did you hear that?" ha ha....kills me! He's smart, funny, adorable, and a total sweetheart. I'm so proud to be his mommy, especially when people everywhere we go comment on how beautiful and funny he is! Yesterday at WalMart he was doing his squeal noise..because mommy forgot to bring a binki. I was frazzled, and could NOT keep him from doing it. I looked around me expecting people to be annoyed at the noise, but what I saw was a lot of people smiling, laughing and giving me encouraging looks. I'm officially THAT mom..haha...but I love it!!!

Congrats if you made it through all of that--this is my only journal and the way I remember everything that is happening to us!

1 comment:

The Schmutz Family said...

I haven't looked at your blog forever. Such a cute little boy!