Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sickened...

Yeah, I am. I'm sickened by the response to Elder Boyd K. Packer's talk during conference. I shouldn't even look at the comments on Facebook pages that support him, there are so many negative remarks, and it really makes me sick at what some people dare to say about him. Even if they don't believe he has the gift of divine revelation, do they really have to be so harsh to him? How can they accuse him of being a hateful man when their comments are far worse than his were?

I'm really sick to my stomach about the world I have to raise my children in. I'm in mother bear mode, not wanting my little Connor and future babies to be exposed to ANY of the horrific things that are going on in these turbulent times. I don't know if any of my readers are not members of the LDS faith, but I find that its teachings are so wonderful and safe for my children. By living the teachings of the church I can safeguard my home against these outside influences, and raise faithful, strong children.

I have close friends who struggle with homosexuality, and I feel for them. I understand what it is like to suffer from an addiction or temptation that seems so natural. I hope that in light of all of this controversy we can remain close friends...it is getting harder and harder to have different opinions and agree to disagree.

I feel sick still...and I know that many of you have uplifting advice or tips on how you get through this life in spite of the adversary's growing power...so leave a comment. Tell me how you feel, and what you are doing to protect your family.

Oh and P.S..I'm going private. No more people I don't know will be looking at my blog..scares me!

12 comments:

Megan Young said...

Kirsten--glad you found me--especially before you go private--will you add me to your list? megan.h.young@gmail.com Thanks! Your little boy is so cute and I would be honored if you copy the "picture train cake" idea!

Avree said...

Be sure and send me an invite!

I understand how you feel. I think once you become a mom things seem to affect you more, because even if you know something can't reach you, you worry that it will affect your child. All I have come up with to do about it is pray, pray hard!

Geoff and Niccole said...

I want to be added to your list. ndemke@hotmail.com

Everett Family said...

Add me carlybringhurst@yahoo.com, I have been meaning to add you to mine but I haven't updated it in a while so don't worry it is coming.

kate said...

add me too! k8bess@gmail.com

The Allen Family said...

I can totally relate to your not wanting your kiddos to be exposed to such a crazy world. So many people took what Pres. Packer said out of context. It's nothing new. This is how our church has always believed. Scary world. I shouldn't read FB either. It makes me so mad. Anyway, add us! chandilee@yahoo.com. :) Loves!

Missy said...

I think its so awful how our leaders can't say anything to us without having the world twist and turn and throw major accusations toward our faith. We are so blessed to be able to have them counsel us in the things that we need in our lives. The world needs to remember they don't have to listen!

Add me to your list!!

Jason and Joanna said...

I agree, what the world is coming to is scary. But, of course, all we can do is make sure we stay strong in the Gospel, teach our children and pray they choose the right path.

(Please add me to your list, jjwilliams05@gmail.com) thanks!

Ryan and Shelia said...

Please remember to add us as well.
ryanandshelia@yahoo.com I am pretty sure you are invited to ours, but if not e-mail me and I will add you.

linzi said...

I'd like an invite, too :) linzilarsen@yahoo.com

Cameron and Paige said...

I love reading your blog. Could you add me too pj_prissy@hotmail.com. It's Paige (Anderson) from school

Unknown said...

add me, laineeread@hotmail.com
I cannot believe how big of a deal the world has made his talk. We all have our own beliefs and to be honest maybe people are so offended by what he said because they know he's right! Our church will not change our beliefs or standards because the world has more gays! It's all crazy!!! Im with ya, it makes me sick