Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Benny!




Yesterday was my honey's 29th Birthday! As Lucy Ricardo said "It's my last birthday!" when speaking of her 29th. It's so funny to me that in one more year I'll be married to a man in his 30's! I can still remember when my parents were that young!!! Oh man...and then I realized that in 8 more months I'll be 26. YIKES! 25 I'm ok with...26??? NO THANKS!!!

ANYWAY...it was BEN'S birthday, not mine. It was a really odd day, Ben was under a lot of stress and spent the day at home. I won't go into many details, but he wasn't feeling well and it really wasn't a great day for him. I tried to make it as special as I could...I got him some new shoes and socks, a squishy "stress"ball, and a new sound bar for our TV so we can hear it better when Connor is asleep and we have to turn the volume down!! We can also listen to music through Pandora on our Blu Ray now when the screen is off which is really nice!

We had a nice Cafe Rio lunch which kept us full all day, and my mom sent Ben some carrot cake cupcakes in the mail which constituted as his birthday cake. It was maybe a simple lame birthday, but we did the best we could with what was already a crappy day! We did go to dinner on Friday night at Sulli's Steakhouse and had Prime Rib dinners! Our starving student card had a Buy One Get One Free punch on it...LOVE discounts! Connor squealed the whole time...people around us laughed, and the waitresses were so sweet to him! He ate his puffs and daddy gave him some of his baked potato and roll. I love that we are family of three!!!

Ben is such a good father, husband and man. I'm so happy to be married to him and so proud to call him mine. He is busting his butt right now in school, and I can't believe how hard his school work is. He cares so deeply about his education and future career, and is doing the very best he can! He has also made a really big sacrifice to stay at home with Connor 18 hours a week so I can finish my degree. I appreciate it more than he will ever know!!! He's always so encouraging of my goals and aspirations. He pushes me to do my best, and supports me in all I do. He is my shoulder to cry on and knows the right moment to hug me when I am feeling overwhelmed. He is my best friend, and I've never known anyone as sensitive, caring, selfless and genuine as he is. He's loyal, honest, and someone I'm SO happy I get to spend eternity with!

Happy Birthday my love! I hope it's a good year full of success and adventure!!!

2 comments:

Shell said...

All your pictures are precious but that one with Ben is priceless! What a cute family you are!

Lauren said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!!! :)