Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I love my friends.

It's true. I love them so much! I am so thankful for good friends. When I went through my huge life altering trial, I started working at the Sunset Branch of Zion's Bank. I reconnected with Lyndsey Swindlehurst (previously Jacobsen) since we were tellers together. We had danced together for a few years at Diamond Talent--along with Lauren. She invited me to go to a movie with her and Lauren Gornichec (now Casto). I welcomed the opportunity. The funny thing is I was really nervous--I had known Lauren a little when we were younger--like 13, and she intimidated me. She was "cool" and at one point in high school had the ends of her hair dyed..it was rebellious. Ha ha. I don't know if I've ever told her how intimidated I was by her...little did I know she was one of the warmest most amazing people I'd ever meet. And Lyndsey was a saint of a friend. Married but still going out with us single gals who were both suffering from broken hearts. We went and saw Rent. It was deliciously scandalous and full of love, heartbreak and intensity. Lauren cried- surprisingly I did not. I found out after that she had been going through a rough break up. We were a perfect match! :)
The rest is history. After many late night hang outs, dance parties and movie making, Lauren and I became room mates. I started hanging out with a whole new realm of single people who I hadn't known in high school, because they went to a different school. They were fun, and interesting and I learned how to socialize all over again! But the heart of my joy was the friends that I held dearest. Lauren, Lyndsey, Chanelle, Shanae...etc. I made so many friends I never would have made if I hadn't gone through what I did!

Today Lauren, Lyndsey and I are still good friends. Lyndsey lived in Texas for 3 years so I didn't see her much..and Lauren has lived in Vegas since right before she married her honey man...but the wonderful thing is that Lauren and I chat on gmail chat every weekday. I feel like I get to hang out with her everyday! It's one of my highlights. We can vent, celebrate and just talk...all day. It's wonderful!

What's better is that this past weekend I got to hang out in person with Lauren and Lyndsey! It was SO fun! Lauren came up and took some family pictures for us...(can't wait to see them!) and Lynds came up a little later in the afternoon. We all went to dinner at Pizza Factory, then to Pride and Prejudice at Utah Shakespearean Festival. Ben let us use some of his comp tickets and we had SUCH a fun time! Then it was onto the grocery store for some candy, and some late night conversating. We all agree it was a much needed fun weekend. It only lasted about 24 hours- but it was awesome. I love these girls. They know me, as well as I know myself! They were there when I needed them most and I still hope someday I can repay the favor. I don't know if there are many greater blessings than having good friends! Thanks for the fun ladies! I miss you so much! Come back ASAP!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh my dear, I was so not cool... I maybe thought I was at the time, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't. :) You have "repayed" me times a million.. Thank you for always being there to support me in my crazy decisions and emotional breakdowns.. Ha! Love you lots!