Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

200

Well friends..this is my 200th post! I read through some of my first posts and they made me laugh, I was clueless. I still am at times. I guess I'm the type of girl who gets overwhelmed with things, but then realize WAY after everyone else that they're really not that hard. My husband is a great example of this--he always knows what he's doing and sometimes I just hand my computer over to him to "fix". I'm sad that I am this way again. I say again, because there was a time when I was NOT like this. When I worked for Great Pacific in Cali, they had me doing SO many new things that I never had the chance to say "I don't know how, and I can't figure it out." It was quite the opposite. I accomplished a lot with that job, and one thing was my fear of the unknown or un-doable. Well...I'm back to my old self.

But I digress...

So what is noteworthy for my 200th post? How about my progress in education? I got all A's over the summer. I took 16 credits, and I did SO well. I enjoyed every single class. Even the 4 credit Early Childhood Education Development class that was SO hard. I aced every assignment, and felt like it better prepared me for motherhood to all my children. I am really tempted to homeschool them now....

This semester is not any easier. I'm taking 22...yes 22 credits. 16 from SUU, and 6 from Dixie online. Our schedule works out perfectly...Ben has Connor MWF mornings while I go to class, then we trade at 12:50 and he goes to work while I come home and be mommy. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm home with Connor all day except for 11:30-12:50, which is when Ben takes his lunch. Somehow it worked out like clockwork, and after two days we realize it's going to be BUSY. But we love it! I feel so much more productive having a reason to leave the house...I actually get ready everyday now. I've only had each class once, but I love them so far! I'm taking Art History, 19th Century European Art; Thinking and Listening Critically;
Communication Research; Photojournalism; Event Management; Marketing Principles; and Screenwriting. Oh and Circuit training...easy A. I am gonna be a busy girl but thankfully Connor gives me at least 2 hours a day when he naps for me to do stuff, and he goes to bed by 7 or 8...

Also, my weight loss progress! As of this morning I have lost 9 pounds! I know HCG is not a permanent solution, but it sure is helping me gain the confidence I need to eat healthier. I realize that 4 oz is PLENTY of meat. When Ben and I go out on dates from now on we are sharing!!! I do miss my bad foods...so I know my little body cleanse is not yet over. I need to feel in control of my cravings before this is over. I hope to lose at least 6 more pounds to achieve my goal of 15 pounds. I doubled my wardrobe today. I was wearing two pairs of capris every day. Now I have 4-5...with about 4 more that I am SO CLOSE to fitting into. Such a great feeling! I haven't weighed this much since February of 2009.

In other news, Connor has BAD diaper rash that looks like someone burned his butt with a hot pan. SO sad. We think it is maybe from having the humidifier on all night, and he gets too "damp"...but who knows. SAD story though. I felt terrible having to change is some 5 poopy diapers today!

Well...onto my homework....thanks for reading!

No comments: