Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beach Baby in Cali

We had such a fun time in California! I always enjoy visiting Orange County too, remembering the fun things we did when we lived there. This time Connor and I were alone in our adventures, since daddy had to prepare for an audit, which was the whole reason we went! Connor and I dropped off Ben and headed to my old office to visit my old friends there. Then we went to Pizza D'Oro to get some yummy pizza...mommy's fave. Then we went to Henry's, my favorite grocery store EVER. Got some gluten free stuff for daddy, then headed to the beach! We lucked out and got a parking spot in the shade, right around the corner from a nice sidewalk that led right to the water. It was a little hard balancing all the stuff and Connor without the help of Ben, but we managed and had a lot of fun! Right away I had to start snapping pictures...I can't get enough of this boy!!! He didn't smile for many pictures, he was WAY entertained and occupied with everything going on around him! He ate a LOT of sand..I was too busy taking pictures to stop him from eating every bite..ha ha.

We spent 4 days hanging out with Ben's family in Riverside and enjoyed some relaxation. I almost died when I realized I hadn't gotten a SINGLE picture with any of Connor's Tyrrel relatives. Well..I did get one of him with aunt Helen, but none with his grandparents, aunts, or cousin! I guess my excuse is that his cousin Tanner was sick so we had to keep the boys apart the whole time.. :( I hope we can get some soon though...I really feel bad!

As always the trip wore us out, mostly Connor who came home and got sick...but we had a lot of fun being around the other half of our family!





I also took some 8 month old pictures of Connor while we were there.


*He is doing some fun new things lately! He likes to make as many sounds with his mouth as possible..clicking his tongue, and other noises I don't know how to explain.
*He does the army crawl all over the place...I wish we had more carpet in our house for him to practice, but he's sorta limited!
*He CRACKS ME UP!!! He has the silliest personality and we will have total laughing fits together, over the simplest thing! I never knew having a baby could be so entertaining and fun!
* He says DA DA DA DA a lot...he likes to say it loud then whisper it. So cute!
*He has figured out that if he squeezes the nipple of his bottle it will squirt. I have cleaned a lot of milk off of his face lately..
*He finds toys that I have hidden out of his view. By toys I mean the remote, my cell phone, etc.

I'm sure there's a lot more but I can't recall what else is new from last month! We love our bubba...he keeps life SO interesting!

1 comment:

Avree said...

Oh Conner is so cute! He's getting so big! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!