Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Update!

This is gonna be a really long post, but I had to update! My parents were able to come and visit us for Father's day weekend, and we had SO much fun! It was my parent's anniversary on June 14th, and they enjoyed spending their 28th Anniversary with us! So it was a celebration, cuz I got to open my early birthday presents as well! We started out the weekend by going shopping and I got a complete set of Mac Makeup from my parents, and a couple new outfits and a new purse! We enjoyed lunch with Ben, then went back to shopping and bought the boys some new clothes! Then that night we surprised my dad with an ANGEL'S game!!! Here are some fun pictures:


My dad and I holding the tickets
WHOA BIG
The inside of the stadium
Ben and I at our first big Baseball game!

My parents were pretty stoked!

Me being excited with my dad!
K-I forgot to take a picture of my hot dog till it was gone...so this is the rest in my mouth
Ben had a bug on his glasses...it was intense
I had to put this on because my mom got ticked at my dad for laying like this. She told him he looked dead! hahaha
We took my parents to the dog park the next day, and they got to be proud of their "Granddog"! haha
We finished off Saturday by taking them to Ruby's on the Pier...which was really fun! We also had taken them to sprinkles that day to get a yummy cupcake!
Benjamin and I on the pier


My mom LOVES Lady!
Happy Father's Day!

I have one of the best dads there ever was. He is such a terrific man and has always been such a good example to me, and one of my best friends! He has had so many callings in the church, from Scout Master, to Elders Quorom President, and my favorite was Young Men's President cuz I had access to a lot of boys...hahaha. Actually, my favorite one was when he was the bishop of our ward and was able to interview me for my first temple recommend! He is a spiritual man who is very close to the spirit. He is a PATIENT man. He has 4 daughters, a wife, 2 female cats, and a female dog! SO he's been grossly outnumbered for a long time, and I hope to give him a grandson someday! :) He's glad to finally have a son in law to help him balance things out! He is a great husband and is so supportive of my mom. They are best friends, and remind me of the old couple in "The Notebook". They are so in love and I have learned so much from them about how to be a good person and a good wife. My favorite memories of my dad include: Going to the lake with our boat that he was always good about maintaining, going camping at the girls camp site to keep it reserved for the campers, cuz it was just he and I with other dad's and daughters. Daddy daughter dates, including the time he took me to Applebees and I was NERVOUS cuz I didn't know what to talk about with my DAD! haha... Driving me to show choir and madrigals in school, and always making conversation even though it was early and I was in NO mood to chit chat... :) And all the times I've seen him cry. It reminds me that even though he is a strong and tough man, he still has a testimony and a sensitivity to life.  I get my tears from him :) WHen I was little we watched a TV show about a girl who got kidnapped and I remember asking my dad  "If that were me, could you beat up the bad guys?" I remember I was SO comforted when he said "Oh yeah, I would kick their butts" or something to that effect... anyway...I LOVE YOU DAD! Happy Fathers Day, Happy Anniversary to my parents, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! :)


3 comments:

According to Ana said...

I love Love Love your parents I think they are some of the very best people in the world.
Just wanted to say Hi now that I found your blog. We may be out in cali. this august I will let you know . my in laws live in san clemente so i think that is pretty close. Right???

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Ha ha that is awesome!! :)

I LOVE Ruby's!! I was just there! HA HA :) How fun!!

Errin said...

i bet your family loves coming to CA to visit! theres so many fun things to do!