Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

New job!

Hey everyone, thanks for your support when I quit my old job that SUCKED! I have found the best job in Orange County! It is a brokerage firm, that works on east coast hours! So I work from 6:30-2:30 everyday! The partners are AWESOME, and very nice to me. The employees are funny and I've enjoyed listening to their banter just on my first day here! I think I'll fit in well...and the coolest part is they have a diet coke fountain, so I can have all the fountain drink I want! It's a dangerous concept...but I'm in heaven! The office is less than 5 minutes away, and I think I'll start walking home from work when we sell my car...and the pay is EXCELLENT! So we're excited to have no more money stress, and some consistency FINALLY! Let me just say...I work 8 more hours per week, make over 2 more dollars per hour, and in 3 months I get a 10 % raise that will go into a pre-tax pension fund, or into my check, whichever I choose! And even though I am only coming in to this job an hour earlier than I went into the health center, I'm off FIVE hours earlier! No 2 hour lunch break, no driving to Corona Del Mar and back twice a day...no GAS bill...and we can sell a car! So the benefits are GREAT. speaking of benefits...I'll have them in 90 days! So I can FINALLY have insurance after almost a YEAR of not! So thanks for your prayers and just know that the Lord ALWAYS has our best interests at heart, and sometimes it takes a leap of faith to find great rewards! P.S..before I was a secretary, now I'm an operations manager for a brokerage firm...pretty good promotion eh? My first day was fabulous, and one of my new bosses even bought me a philly cheese steak for lunch! And I found out there are two other LDS guys working here! So I think I can thank them for paving the way, and impressing the bosses with their attitudes and examples. So hooray for my new cool job! I'm excited to learn and get even more education about the finance world!

5 comments:

Errin said...

wow, that sounds like you landed a dream job! Congrats! Thats so awesome!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

HA HA That is awesome! I love how you totally sound so excited for your job! That is seriously so important when it comes to working!! So happy for yoU! And that is so awesome about saving monies!! (ps...Love hte Back ground) :)

Aubrey said...

what big news! So exciting! On the header... one word... photoshop. I LOVE it. I did it in photoshop and then uploaded it as you would a normal picture. I'm sure you could do it in a program like paint or Microsoft Office picture editor. I'm not really sure, not too familiar with the programs. You wouldn't have stuff like the buttons but you could change your picture, add space and you could definitely try and create the button like stuff and frames. I adjusted the size of it to be the perfect width for my blog in the microsoft picture editor thing. look for 'resize' and mine happens to be 800 px or something like that. I like to change mine up every so often. You can also hire it out. cutest blog on the block, or leelou blogs does cute headers without a picture. Sorry for the long reply.

Jeff Olsen said...

Yeah...nothing like a good job. Congrats

According to Ana said...

Congrats!!! it sounds like this will be the perfect fit for you!

We are coming out that way on Thursday and will be there until Sunday so let me know if you want to do lunch or something?