Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

CELEBRATION!!!

Happy Birthday to me! I am 23! Haha..it was a WONDERFUL day full of fun sweet things Benjamin did for me! It all started the night before with an unexpected visitor, my cousin Chandi! She happened to be about 5 minutes away for business, so we went out to dinner with her at Red Robin, which was really fun!!! She got to have fun with the animals and see our apartment, then I took her back to her fancy hotel where she got to sleep all alone in a King Size Bed! Thanks for rememberin us Chandi! 

When I got home I found our apartment had been completely decorated with streamers, balloons, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner, and party hats on balloon people! It was SO cute and I was totally impressed. I knew then and there my birthday would be fabulous!
These are the pretty perfect flowers Ben had sitting on the kitchen table! Isn't he sweet?

This is the funniest picture, she was so reluctant to wear this party hat...
But it seemed like once I had one on, she wasn't as ready to pull it right off! :) 
Ben drawing faces on the balloons..I had "people" at my party! haha
Hanging up the people!
Me and Lady in the middle of all the decor!
Coming through my streamers...
For me? How sweet!
A new N64 controller so we can play N64 mariokart together!
The next morning...this was my breakfast in bed! He knew to take a picture of it before I even told him to! 
My surprise lunch...we were going to eat it on the beach, but were too hungry to wait! So this was my chicken salad sandwich, shrimp that he cooked himself, and favorite chips! (cheddar and sour cream)
I'm reading the card he gave me which was SO sweet. I almost cried! He's a great husband...
Since we're poor and don't really NEED anything, Ben got me some new games! We love scrabble and I kicked his butt twice that day :)
Lady wanted to be part of the action and jumped up herself and sat on my leg :)
I may have slaughtered him at Scrabble...but he wasted me at our "Master's Edition" of Phase 10! Twice... 
My birthday cake that Ben made..I blew out ALL the candles!
Later, we had the sparkling cider we WOULD have taken to the beach if we weren't such home-bodies. 
I'll drink to that! It was a great birthay, and my husband made sure I felt like a princess ALL day! I think he was good and ready for my reign of royalty to be over...hahaha. He is such a greatfriend and person, we have a lot of crazy fun at our house! I was totally surprised and blown away at his generosity, but I guess after knowing him this long, I should have expected it :) I also got some other great presents for my B-Day..including a new outfit from my mom, a new purse, a whole set of Mac makeup, a necklace that says "Sing" on one side, and "Like nobody can hear you" on the other. And a new shirt and some pots that have draining lids so I don't have to use a strainer! My parents spoil me lots, and my in laws gave me a giftcard to Borders with which I bought SIX books! They are keeping me really busy and I love it! :) Anyway, thanks to everyone who called or wrote me! Love ya!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

Looks like you've got him trained well! Congratulations! It's crazy we're 23!! Looks like your day was fabulous! Have you found a new job yet?

The Allen Family said...

Oh, how cute! Ben is a great husband! It was so fun to finally sit down and visit with you two together (I think that was the first time)! You guys are perfect for each other! It was so much fun to see you in CA! Your house is adorable and your kids are delightful! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love ya!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is awesome!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) What a good husband! :) To treat his princess so well :)

stgrunninmom said...

Happy Birthday Kirsten! It's been so long, you and your husband are adorable...those are some gorgeous wedding pictures! We need to get together, are you still in St. George?

Ben & Kirsten said...

Hey Laura--
I clicked on your name and I can't pull anything up, so email me your blog url!

Kirst

Errin said...

OHH Happy Birthday! I can't belive how old we are getting, Im going to be 24 in a couple weeks.. ahhhhhhhhhhh scary thought!!!!