Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Connor is graduating...

Today was a big day...full of tears, laughter and excitement. A day that has been long anticipated and finally came and is almost over...and we have even more excitement to share! Connor is graduating too.....


He looks a little like an orphan child...he was all out boy today playing outside and not wearing pants! :-)
October 23, 2011!!!

Yep, we're pregnant! I have kept it secret from pretty much everyone for quite a while...since I am 16 weeks along and can almost NEVER keep secrets. I told a few people that I see everyday, and some random moments along the way when I told friends who happened to ask. :) But for most people, including my grandparents, this was the first they've heard of it! We are pretty stoked and can't wait to welcome a new baby into our family this fall!
We think he really is happy about it...but we'll find out later! :-)

And here are some fun pics of our grand day. It was an early start, as graduation began at 8:30 a.m., but we had a lot of supportive family who I was so happy to hear cheering in the audience. Connor wore his cap and gown (of course) and it was a proud moment for both Ben and I. I was the first to walk across stage to get my diploma (I almost puked when they told me I'd be first) and Ben was the last...isn't that so clandestine? Or something? Ha ha...it was awesome and went by very fast! I cried the moment I heard the graduation march music begin...and continued to bawl very hard until I made it up onto the stage and sat down. Hormones and the whole experience were too much for this lady to handle! I cried again when Ben was hooded for his Masters...I was so proud of him. He worked so incredibly hard in this program and I'm thankful for his dedication to to it well!!! I love him and am so happy we got to graduate together!!!!
Before the big moment...
Ben and the other MFA members speaking during the ceremony!

WE DID IT!!!




11 comments:

The Schmutz Family said...

Double congratulations! Graduating and a new baby. How exciting. I can't wait to find out what you're having.

Jason and Joanna said...

Congratulations! I've been waiting for this post- I knew it had to be coming soon ;) For both graduating and gonna have another baby. So exciting!!!

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats on the new baby and the graduation...a very exciting time in your life! Love you, and happy mother's day!

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats on the new baby and the graduation...a very exciting time in your life! Love you, and happy mother's day!

Janae and Zach said...

congrats on number 2!! and on graduating :)

kate said...

You did it! Congrats on graduating! I'm really looking to your for inspiration.

Oh, and HELLO! Baby news! So great!

This post is straight HAPPY!!!

Teria Brooks said...

Holy moly!! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations on everything!!

SR Carruthers said...

What wonderful news for all of you!!! Congrats to you Ben for persevering and to Kirsten for also finishing her degree! Now on to the next chapter of your life.

Tones Bones said...

I think it so neat that you guys got to graduate together. I'm so happy for you! ALL that hard work. Wow!

Congrats Connor too! He worked so hard to become a big brother! lol! ;)

Excited for you guys! I'm impressed that you kept it secret so long too! I know that is no small feat for you. :)

Tones Bones said...

um this is Robyn ^^

Kaylene Myers said...

This is great news!! I'm thrilled for your cute little family!