Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

A new week

So last week was pretty much the pits...we sat at home most of the day for 4 days straight waiting for that phone call...and it never came. And to add to the anxiety it SNOWED and rained all week! GRRRR..By the end of each evening we were SO anxious we could barely function. But each day/night we got an email from one of his references letting him know they had talked to them that day and that it had gone well and sounded promising. So that helped appease our nerves. We knew they were still doing things to pursue Ben. After Friday afternoon came Ben decided to send another follow up email to them to check on the status of things. The man who has been checking his references wrote back and let him know that he'd be hearing from the Dean soon. So that's a good sign....if it were bad news I think we would know by now, and since the Dean would be the one to hire him we're crossing everything..fingers, toes, hair, EVERYTHING ha ha. At this point it's Yale or BUST! And Ben just called to tell me that one of his references they called told him this morning that they said it was between Ben and another candidate, and the other candidate had a background in dance. They both have strong backgrounds, but we are hoping since Ben's background is more in line with the job he will be chosen. OY!

So...onto another week. Connor has been driving us craaaaazzzzyyyyyyy this past week. I think it has been worse since Ben has been home and it throws off our routine. It's great to have him home but Connor just gets more hyper and busy for some reason and we both end up exhausted by the end of the day!

I had a hard 2 weeks trying to adjust to this new life that will be mine forever now...no school...no job--just mommyhood. And I LOVE mommyhood...don't get me wrong. But it's weird to have nothing else to do. I asked Ben a few days after graduation- "What do people do? Like what am I going to do all day long?!" I'm slowly getting into a groove and realizing it isn't much different, I just don't have the stress of assignments being due, and at night I can just veg instead of study. I'm trying to line up some goals for myself, and putting my life into perspective. Since there's a great chance we could be moving across the country and I'll have to start all over again in terms of friends, ward members and all that jazz I'm preparing myself mentally to deal with that anxiety. I'm SO excited to move on with our lives, but of course it's SCARY!

I've been eating like crap for the past month or more. I HATE being in the kitchen when I'm pregnant and I thought it'd wear off after the first trimester, but it hasn't gotten all the way better. So since I didn't want to cook and Ben was too busy to cook at the last part of the semester, we got into this bad habit of eating out...A LOT. In the past I have gotten sick of eating out, but not this time. I could eat out every single day and not bat an eye. I love fried food, I love pizza, and I love pizza factory salad bar. I'm outta control! So this week is truly a NEW week because I'm getting into better habits. WAY better habits. I realized that I feed Connor SO well and he eats healthier than anyone in our house so I'm going to start eating like him! He has a vegetable, fruit, whole grain, dairy and protein with every meal (no veggies at breakfast usually though) So this morning I made us both some scrambled eggs, he had fruit and I had a fruit smoothie, he had Kix and I had a piece of toast. I felt SO full and way better about myself after even just one good meal! So let the good times roll. Today I'm going to make Cafe Rio beef here at home and we'll have yummy home made food for dinner!

So there ya have it...it's a new week. Hopefully better weather and lots of fun with my sweet Connor!

In other news, Connor went to the dentist for the first time...SO funny! The video quality is so bad...it looks much better on my phone. I'm so mad I forgot the camera...grr. Anyway, this is what I did get!
In the first clip he started talking to the dentist while he had the mirror in his mouth. He was all excited and had a lot to say! I just loved seeing him laying on the dentist chair. There was a TV above his head in the ceiling but he wasn't all that interested...he was just happy to be there! I love this kid to pieces!

2 comments:

Scott & Betsy & Fam said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! He is such a jabber boy! So so cute!

kate said...

Oh the waiting game. Man, I'm not envious of that. I'm crossing my toes/fingers/and hairs for you. Plus I'll say a little prayer that it works out for that job. If not, you'll have another great adventure in store for you, I just know it!

Now. Enjoy your time doing nothing. If all else fails I've got plenty of homework you can do for me! :)