Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's that noise?

GROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN....

Yeah that's the noise that can be heard coming from our house.

Because we are waiting.....I keep hearing the Jeopardy music in my head.

They said they'd call him "tomorrow night" and this was yesterday morning. They are two hours ahead of us. So we assumed they'd call by 3:00 since that would be 5:00 there.

No news is good news....right? I sure hope so.

He got an email from one of his references at 2 saying that one of the people he interviewed with had called. SO that's also a good sign...they're checking his references!

They said they can only fly two people out for interviews face to face. I pray to heaven that he is one of the two. They said they still had "a bunch" of interviews after they spoke with Ben....but that doesn't usually mean they have many people at all. According to people we've asked that is.

They spent the first five minutes of his interview raving about his experience, the way he had presented himself on paper, and how uncanny it was that his experience matched up so well with the job requirements. (that's what I've been saying for weeks now...) They asked great questions, he gave great answers, and he felt he even asked intelligent questions of them. It was about 45 minutes in all, with no technical difficulties on Ben's part (they had a few on their end..glad it wasn't our issue!). Ben said he wanted to puke when they signed on and he waited for them to call.

So...while my instincts still say that he HAS to get this job....there are so many variables and the waiting is making us both SICK! I don't think Ben's had anything to eat but a bowl of cereal and bagel today...I made myself eat lunch for the baby's sake....oy.

Speaking of baby, he/she is doing well and measuring great! I can get my ultrasound at any time....they said if I wait til I'm 20 weeks I can get it in 3D. Everyone says to wait, and honestly I'm ok waiting. But if Ben gets hired we may have to high tail it over to the hospital to find out before we pack the moving van!

I got moving boxes today....but now I can't bring myself to pack them. How do you pack when you're pregnant and tired all the time?! On top of that Connor is only taking one nap these days...which is good in that it means longer sleeping at bed time..lately it's been about 14 hours straight....ahhhhh.....

We've been here two years and I feel like packing it all up is going to be a horribly hard feat. Anyone wanting to come help is welcome! :-)

I'll keep the updates coming as regularly as I can...it's 3:18 and still no call. AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I"m waiting for a call to... grrr... it's so frustrating. ;P I hope you both get what you want :D